Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre Issues

Brandscill
Grafter

New Fibre Issues

Hi
I had fibre installed the Monday just gone and finally got everything up and running Fridau evening. I had to call as they hadn't completed the setup on the account.
Everything appeared to work okay apart from the fact the router I'm using (Airport Extreme) keeps dropping the connection constantly.
I understand there is the usual 10 day line training but even the plusnet rep admitted it was excessive when I called.
Any thoughts? The openreach modem remains fine with a steady DSL light throughout.
Thanks in advance
77 REPLIES 77
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: New Fibre Issues

There is no 10 day training on Fibre, have you tried the plusnet router that should have been supplied to you to see if your router is the one with the problem.
Brandscill
Grafter

Hi,
One was never supplied  Sad The BT engineer did ask after it when he visited but I said nothing had been delivered. He just did the BT Openreach modem and said he couldn't do anymore and then left. I was told about the 10 day line training by plus net support.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

It's certainly intermittent as shown below.

You didn't choose to take one of our routers but we can supply it for £5.99 P&P.
Alternatively if you want to use your own then you can.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Brandscill
Grafter

Thanks Matt.
Can you think of any reasons it would be dropping so often? I used this router previously without any problems, only since I switched to plus net have I had these issues.
Thanks
Brandon
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

One thing you can try is making a direct connection to the Openreach modem.
http://community.plus.net/library/broadband/fibre-help-how-to-set-up-a-pppoe-dialler-in-vistawindows...
If you still get drops doing this I'd raise a fault using the link below
https://faults.plus.net
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Wassie

I have been using a latest generation AirPort Extreme for over 18 month without any connection issues and much improved wireless performance.
Brandscill
Grafter

Glad I just saw this. I've ordered the 5th gen today in the hope it'll be more stable, if not I can always send it back.
dick:quote
Brandscill
Grafter

Quote from: Wassie
I have been using a latest generation AirPort Extreme for over 18 month

Could you share your setup details? I'm still having an issue even with the latest now.
Brandscill
Grafter

Update
I've tried the Airport Extreme, a TP-Link and a Netgear Router. All 3 drop the connection. Clearly something else is at fault
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry to hear its ongoing.
I can see the sync speeds have dropped quite heavily too and that you've raised a fault.
Our faults team will get that looked into as soon as possible.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Brandscill
Grafter

Had a good 10 hours of constant connection today, now dropping again. Hopefully hear back soon.
Brandscill
Grafter

Hey Matt
When should I be expecting a reply? It's been over 24 hours now since I raised the fault, I was hoping for some news. I've tried calling twice but both times the call wait was ridiculous.
Is there any light you can shed? It's basically been shoddy since day 1, I even had to call plus net 4 days after the engineer had been as a breakdown in communication meant activation was forgotten on your end. I'm just getting a little tired of waiting, especially after being convinced the problem was on my end a week ago.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm raising this for you now and I'll get a update as soon as possible.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Brandscill
Grafter

Thanks Matt.
I spoke to someone yesterday evening who said that it was still under investigation, he's promised to ring me back at 8PM tonight. Hopefully with some good news Smiley
EDIT
Just seen a load of updates on the support ticket from yourself. Should I still be expecting a call back in this case?