Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre Installation with Mismatched Line Profile - Please Adjust - Now Fixed

acr
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

New Fibre Installation with Mismatched Line Profile - Please Adjust - Now Fixed

Yesterday I had fibre installed and was very pleased with how it went. No problems at all, that is until today. After installation a BT Speedtest showed an IP Profile for the line at 75.34Mbs and I noticed the Plusnet Line Speed was set at 80Mbs. I was getting download speeds yesterday at over 70 Mbs and upload speeds of about 16 or 17 Mbs.
Today, my line speed is being restricted by an adjusted Plusnet Line Profile. A BT Speedtest shows an IP Profile of 75.34Mbs (the same as yesterday) but for some reason the Plusnet Line Profile has dropped to 15.4Mbs which is the speed I used to have prior to Fibre. Could someone from Plusnet please get this corrected. I did try phoning support at 07:40am this morning but with a stated wait time of 30 minutes I was not prepared to wait.
2 REPLIES 2
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: New Fibre Installation with Mismatched Line Profile - Please Adjust

Hi you could try online chat there isn't much of a wait when i have used it, if you don't fancy that then you can wait for one of the CRT to help you but these days your waiting for one to show up far longer than we use to do.
acr
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: New Fibre Installation with Mismatched Line Profile - Please Adjust

Online Chat was not open at the time I tried to phone and the only time I have used it in the past they told me to phone as they could not deal with it over Live Chat.
However, have just used online Chat and problem has now been resolved. But what a slow process it was - 39 minutes is just too long.