cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre Installation Slow Speed

dibsmjf

New Fibre Installation Slow Speed

Hello,
I have joined Plusnet with Fibre Extra, previously I was on ADSL from Sky and got about 4-5Mbps download and 0.5Mbps upload. I had the Openreach engineer install the new modem in my house yesterday, all setup with my router etc and appears to "work", however I am only getting the same speed as I used to get on ADSL, here are my BTW speed test results:
Test Results
1. Best Effort Test:
Download Speed : 4.72 Mbps
2. Upstream Test:
Upload Speed : 0.52 Mbps

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.
The Openreach engineer said that I should be able to get close to the max 78Mbps on my line as the cabinet is literally opposite my house, however it appears that something hasn't been setup correctly as I seem to be "stuck" on ADSL speed.
Thanks in advance,
Charlie
4 REPLIES 4
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: New Fibre Installation Slow Speed

I presume you've not been switched over yet on our side. If you could give me a few moments, i'll test the line and get everything checked out for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Everything looks ok at our side, and you are syncing at a healthy speed (80Mbit). Can you please reboot the router if you haven't already and then let me know the results of the BT speed tester if problems remain.
the BT Speedtester 
- disconnect from the router configuration page before rebooting.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
dibsmjf

Hi Tony,
Thanks for looking at this for me, just rebooted the router again and now I'm getting 63 down and 14 up-brilliant!
Charlie
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Excellent. Sometimes it just takes a little time for the profile speeds to come through, and then you'll not see it until you connect again.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team