cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre Installation - Dont Think I Need an Engineer

scottvsaunders

New Fibre Installation - Dont Think I Need an Engineer

Hey all,
I have my Fibre installation date booked for the 11/12 however I think believe that I need an engineer to install this. 
Let me explain, last year we briefly had BT Infinity however was not happy with it verses our existing Virgin Media connection to decided to cancel it within the 2 weeks, the initial engineer came out to install the fibre modem by drilling the bracket on the call for the white openreach modem and changed the faceplate on the BT socket within the house.
The brackets are still there for the openreach modem and so is the faceplate on the BT socket which is the same line which plusnet had very easily re-activated within 2 hours of placing the initial order.
Am I missing something or is there very little (if anything) for an open reach engineer to need to do ?
Many thanks
Scott
2 REPLIES 2
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 3

Re: New Fibre Installation - Dont Think I Need an Engineer

Quote from: scottvsaunders
Am I missing something

At a guess, the modem which the engineer will supply and fit... Grin
They also need to run diagnostics on your line (I want one of them devices they use, so frickin' cool!!) to ensure there's no need to do any repairs, and if it's not been used for a while (unless you ran it as a 2nd line while you had VM on the go) they'll need to stick a tone generator into the socket to trace out your wires in the junction box to connect up the fibre if it's been disconnected to supply someone else's line... Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: New Fibre Installation - Dont Think I Need an Engineer

Hi there,
As per what twocvbloke mentions it sounds like you have everything apart from the Openreach modem. The engineers who install the service actually bring that along with them.
FYI I can see an engineer appointment has been arranged for you, details have been added to ticket 95209031 which you can view over at http://contactus.plus.net
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team