cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre Installation But No Change in Download Speed :(

MicroChef

New Fibre Installation But No Change in Download Speed :(

Just had Plusnet Fibre installed, however when I check the portal speed profile I'm still on standard broadband,  Cry  The upload speed has increased tho.
Does the Profile switch happen automatically? if it does what timeframe am I looking at, a few hours or a few days?  Sad
7 REPLIES 7
dparr1959
Grafter

Re: New Fibre Installation But No Change in Download Speed :(

That happened to me you need to ring plusnet so they can update there end
Bt engineer checked speed at 68mb but i was still on 20 meg
so rang i plusnet and they updated it within minutes

david
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

The account usually updates itself to fibre shortly after the order completes, unfortunately it looks like this was taking a little longer than expected on your account so I've pushed it along manually and you should see an increase on your speeds now.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
xist
Grafter

I have the exact same issue - my fibre was installed this morning so i've waited around 7-8 hours for a PN profile change but it's not budged from the ADSL profile. I double checked on the speedtester and got a magnitude of around 10 times greater now so i figured it'd be along soon but at this point i wonder if it's stuck?
(Speed test result attached)
MicroChef

Not sure whats going on but all was great at about 7.30 tonight dowload was 70mb+ but around 11pm it just dropped to 16mb again  Cry
Reset everthing Router/Modem but no change in speed.
Used the BT Tap3 test and it reports a fault  Sad  so somethings not right.
Any chance someone can take a look please?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@xist - Sorry about that, I've updated this for you now.
This seems to be happening more than I'd expect it to, so I've also raised this with the relevant department for further investigation as I've picked up a couple of examples from this thread alone.
@MicroChef - Please could you raise this as a fault at Http://faults.plus.net so we can investigate the cause of your speed drops.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
xist
Grafter

Thank you HarryB, and sorry for intruding in your topic MicroChef...
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Everyone should check their Current Line speed (Login required) to make sure that it matches the BT IP Profile (within 200kbps on Fibre) from the BTw Performance test (DON'T REBOOT, ignore the red preamble except make sure no other programs are using the Internet) and at the end of the first run, click the Further Diagnostics button, enter just your Phone number and Run the Further Diagnostics Test to get the IP profile. (PS. Ignore the US profile - at present it's always quoted as 20Mbps by the tester).