cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre Install

killie1981

New Fibre Install

So I got my phone and fibre installed today.
Phone went through this morning then at 6pm I got a text telling my my broadband was setup.
Should I still need to wait until midnight even though I have had a text? The reason I ask is the my hub is sitting telling me I can't connect because my details aren't correct.
I have used the hub out of box as set up and also tried to manually set up login info but the red light stays lit. It seems to connect to support fine if I do login reset but my own details refuse to work.
I would have thought once sms arrived it would work but don't want to sit on phone if I am just going to be told I need to wait until midnight.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
3 REPLIES 3
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: New Fibre Install

I don't think anyone intended you to wait till midnight, that was just an attempt to set your expectations by statement that it could happen anytime up to midnight.
It does sound as if the account needs inititiation from their end. Shame it's 8.39 on Friday. Hopefully a PN agent will be along before Monday to action it  Sad
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Hi Killie,
Your account is active and all working but your router is trying to connect with an incorrect password, it seems you may have changed that and the router is using the old one, if you factory reset the router it should pull the new details when you try to connect again.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello there. Further to Paul's comment, if you're still unable to get online, I would recommend changing your account password by clicking on the following link
https://portal.plus.net/forgotpassword/
and then reconnecting to the internet with the new password.
There appears to be the occasional issue with our radius server not accepting customers' account password for new fibre installs using the Hub One. Changing the password seems to do the trick.
If my suggestion does work, you should be able to change your password back and then reconnect with the original password fine.
Hope this helps
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button