cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre Customer, VERY slow connection

adam2k

New Fibre Customer, VERY slow connection

My fibre activated at the weekend.  My speeds are very, very slow. 

My estimated line speed was  9.8Mb/s - 15Mb/s

Initially I got 5Mb/s which went down overnight on Saturday to 2.5Mb/s.

I called customer support yesterday and they said they would reset something.  On the plusnet page (https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed), my "current line speed" went up to 21Mb/s.  Speedtests yesterday gave results around 5Mb/s.

The speed collapsed again to 2Mb/s overnight. My current line speed on the link above is 2.5Mb.  And the BT wholesale speedchecker says " IP Profile for your line is - 2.59 Mbps"

Can anyone advise?  Or can someone from plusnet intervene and help?

5 REPLIES 5
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: New Fibre Customer, VERY slow connection

I'm just looking into this for you.

[edit]

Our tests aren't showing any issues but the estimated distance from the cabinet to your property is around 2km so that may be why the speeds are poor. On fibre the further away you are from the cabinet the lower your speeds will be.

I'd recommend raising a fault here so that we can get that confirmed by a engineer.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
adam2k

Hi Matthew

Thanks for that suggestion.  I did just that.  The fault has now been closed with a message to report it if problems recur.  But nothing has changed, no-one has contacted me, and there's no sign anything was done during the few days the fault was open.

Could you chase it for me?

Thanks!

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi there,

A few days ago, your circuit was moved to a lesser utilised part of the exchange, which theoretically should have fixed things.

Have you seen an improvement in speeds at all? Particularly within the last 4 days.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
adam2k

Hi Matty

Thanks for replying.  There has been no improvement at all. I'd really appreciate some help...

Adam

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Adam, Sorry to hear that.

I've just checked your account and can see we've added an update to ticket 125446478 with some suggestions.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team