cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre Customer - Query regarding engineer install dates (Plusnet vs BT)

Thetwohoughs
Grafter

New Fibre Customer - Query regarding engineer install dates (Plusnet vs BT)

Our cabinet went live for Fibre on Thursday afternoon, I immediately signed up for Unlimited 76mb Fibre as of Thursday December 3rd and have been given an Install date of December the 18th..
I contacted a friend in the Village (supplied by the same cabinet) this afternoon who has upgraded from his 12 Month adsl contract with BT onto their Fibre package, he called up BT today on December 5th and has been given an Install date of December the 14th!
It makes no sense to me that the Engineer isn't connecting us both up on the same date, we're both having the Self Install option, surely it's far simpler to do two connections in the cabinet on the same day?? Is it possible for Plusnet to move our connection date to the 14th? Or do BT have their pick of the engineer slots as it's their own network?
Thanks all.
2 REPLIES 2
MelRocks
Grafter

Re: New Fibre Customer - Query regarding engineer install dates (Plusnet vs BT)

Hi there,
Unfortunately, we have no way of prioritising the appointments or linking these 2 orders, to get them done on the same day. Unfortunately them getting an earlier appointment was just luck, if someone cancelled their install just before then this would be the first appointment offered.
I'm sorry I couldn't help further.
Thetwohoughs
Grafter

Re: New Fibre Customer - Query regarding engineer install dates (Plusnet vs BT)

No problem MelRocks,
Thank you for responding to my query!
Is it possible to confirm with Openreach that my self install appointment is scheduled for the 18th? As my neighbour has just had his cancelled and moved back by BT.
Kind Regards