cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre Customer - No Difference In Download Speeds

FIXED
roflkopter89

New Fibre Customer - No Difference In Download Speeds

I recently upgraded to Plusnet's Fibre Boradband Extra cause I wanted fast broadband. I came from PN ADSL broadband, which is fairly slow in my area but I got by using it. The usual speeds were around 2-3Mbps down and about 300Kbps up. Yesterday was my change day and after changing to the Plus One router and looking through the settings, I can see that I'm now on fbre broadband. However, my download speeds are still poor. Using my phone wirelessly I get speeds of 3Mbps down and about 17Mbps up. Using my PS4 wired to the router I get about 1Mbps down and about 3Mbps up. My settings are showing that my estimated line speed is 70Mbps yet my current line speed is only 3.4Mbps. The event log shows I'm connected to VDSL. Am I seriously paying nearly £40 a month for the same download speeds I was getting before on ADSL? Surely there's something affecting my download speeds as they suck...

2 REPLIES 2
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Re: New Fibre Customer - No Difference In Download Speeds

Fix

Good Afternoon, 

Due to the package on our side changing

slightly early, your speed profile lowered to the ADSL speeds you were getting as that's what the line was reporting to us. As we don't cap upload at our side, this caused the upload to show correctly but the download to show the same as ADSL. I've corrected this now for you

If you restart your router you'll get your expected speeds

roflkopter89

Re: New Fibre Customer - No Difference In Download Speeds

That's done the trick. Just done a quick wired and wireless speedtest and the PS4 is showing 47Mbps down while wired and phone over wireless is 32Mbps. Glad I don't need to ring or wait for an engineer, etc. Thanks