cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre Customer, No Dial Tone and 0.9Mb/s Down

stevesmx5

New Fibre Customer, No Dial Tone and 0.9Mb/s Down

Hi,
Just had fibre installed a little over two hours ago and by looking around online I am thinking it might have been a dodgy installation.
We were quoted speeds by PlusNet up to ~40Mb/s down on our chosen package and BT claimed up to ~70Mb/s down was possible on their Infinity 2. Our speeds with fibre installed are ~0.9Mb/s down and ~1.9Mb/s up. The upload speed as exactly as is expected with the package from PlusNet however the download speed is just as bad as copper.
Additionally there is no dial tone on our home phone but it can send and receive calls.
What can be tried or done to rectify the download speed and dial tone issues?
Thank you.
Image of tests below.
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: New Fibre Customer, No Dial Tone and 0.9Mb/s Down

Hi stevesmx5,
Sorry to hear this, it does sound like there may be an issue with the line due to both the issues you've mentioned
Tests don't show an obvious cause for it which means we'd need to arrange an engineer visit to investigate this further.
The easiest way to arrange this without needing to call would be via the following link: http://portal.plus.net/my-account/tools/phone-troubleshooter
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
stevesmx5

Re: New Fibre Customer, No Dial Tone and 0.9Mb/s Down

Hi, thanks for your response.
We called customer support and got through to them at about 6:30 and something had not been changed over from our previous connection with PlusNet, everything seems to be running fine as of this evening. We are getting 27mb/s download speed now and were told this should improve and we were also told the connection will be monitored for speed and reviewed in 3-4 days time as it should be getting more like 40mb/s. Very happy to see speeds over 1mb/s though!
Took 59 minutes to get to one of the guys in customer service but it was worth it!