cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre Customer Engineer Visit?

colincrompton

New Fibre Customer Engineer Visit?

Hello there, 

My fibre broadband service will be starting tomorrow and I'm curious if an engineer will need to stop by? I'm upgrading from Sky standard broadband and I'm not sure if there's any additional work that needs to be done. I received my router today and I haven't gotten any messages saying that there needs to be a visit, so I'm guessing not, but I would like to be sure.

I appreciate any answers and I apologise if this has been answered elsewhere.

5 REPLIES 5
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: New Fibre Customer Engineer Visit?

Its possible you might not.

When I upgraded from standard PlusNet to Fibre PlusNet, I didn't need one. I think it used to be the case you always needed one, but now not always.

I asked the same question as you did when I changed.

colincrompton

Ahh, nice.

It would be nice if that was clarified better when your order gets confirmed. But it's good to know that I might not need one. I guess I'll find out for sure tomorrow when my service gets activated!

Cheers for the quick reply,

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

An engineer is required to visit the Exchange / Cabinet to do some work. This can be anytime during the day.

Brian

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

When mine was due, the landline went down, and I had to go up to the corner shops up my road anyway (7 min walk).

Noticed the Fibre cab was open and I thought “Oooh is that my line they’re doing”, 10 mins later landline was back. Plugged the Hub One in, left it to do its thing for another 10 and all worked fine.
Bit sad I know but that is me Smiley
colincrompton

Haha, that's awesome! 

I can see the local exchange from my window (top flat) so I'll keep an eye on that tomorrow.