Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre Customer, Do I still need an engineer visit, Hub One Queries

BobRegis
Dabbler

Re: New Fibre Customer, Do I still need an engineer visit, Hub One Queries

Quote from: Matthew
You'll still need a engineers visit and yes with the Hub One you'll only have that device connected.

That means that it will be the engineers responsibility to ensure that it is attached to a power supply?
Jeannine
Dabbler

Hi all,
We've been trying to upgrade to fibre since 3rd November!  BT Openreach engineer cancelled on morning of visit (18th Nov) as he didn't have an openreach modem (I think) which we needed, even though we'd been sent a Plusnet fibre router - why weren't we sent the other bit as well?  It's taken HOURS on the phone and weeks wasted to finally get another date - 16th December!
We were told initially that we wouldn't need a home visit, and then told that we would!  Confusion all round - and I thought it would be all so simple!  And we're being charged for fibre since 18th November.And I think that we're going to get a Hub One, although I'll believe that when I see it.   
I hope it will be worth it once we're finally connected!!
rugal316

I was due to have an engineer fit a new face plate for me, i talked to plus net and they said mine was a self install? so confused.
DuncanM
Grafter

I am a current Plusnet  Fibre Unlimited customer (since Feb 2012) I will be moving home in mid January.
When I move my service (I have already enquired and my new address is an FTTC enabled area) will I need an engineer to visit the property to fit a new faceplate to the master socket and bring another openreach modem or will I be swapped to self install and have to take the open reach modem and netgear router I have had since 2012 with me and plug it in myself with a filter in the master socket ?  Will I be sent a new all in one Hub ? The plus net member centre notes state I must leave the open reach modem behind in my old property. 
BobRegis
Dabbler

What I have learnt so far...
The Hub One is fantastic and better, but is not as its the old homehub by BT.
You do not need to have an engineer come and visit, unless you do. In order to find this out involves mystique, unicorn poo and is dependent on you speaking to Barry from Cillit bang.
When the engineer doesn't show, that is because either it is a self install, they forgot to send you the modem, they sent you only one of the two modems or they just forgot.
Welcome to the customer service focussed Plusnet where confusion is guaranteed.
AndyDane
Dabbler

Yeah I got the installation email saying an engineer was coming out today, and if that wasn't convenient to let them know. My wife works from home, and is working today from the room that has the socket in it, so I called them to change the appointment. Was on hold for 45 minutes only to be told that it was self install, 45 minutes wasted!
Now keeping my fingers crossed they actually turn up today!
dick:quote
AndyDane
Dabbler

Well, it's past 1pm and no text to say my service is active.
So far, Plus.net are not giving me a good impression..
Jeannine
Dabbler

Hit the nail on the head Bob - love it!! Cheesy
AndyDane
Dabbler

Connection still wasn't working by 1pm, so I phoned up.
Was told since it was a self install, it'd just be done at some point today, up until midnight as the appointment slot was only for if they needed to visit the property.
So the whole order email I got when I signed up saying is just entirely wrong?Huh
scottymc
Grafter

Hi guys
Day of install I woke up to this email
Your broadband product change is now complete
Here's what you need to know 

Hello Scott,
Your product change is now complete, here are the details: 

Broadband product Unlimited Fibre Extra
Estimated speed 80 Mbps
Sent at 3am
Obviously I'm not up and running yet
But can you please confirm that I need a day off for an engineer to visit
Self employed and no work means no money......
Thanks for any help

AndyDane
Dabbler

Well after being told several times yesterday it would complete at any time up until midnight. At about 10pm, a note on my account appeared saying "your order has been delayed".
Brilliant. Wish I'd stayed with Tesco now tbh.
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: AndyDane
So the whole order email I got when I signed up saying is just entirely wrong??
Sounds likely. I had the same experience when I migrated in nearly two years ago. Luckily I knew enough to be 99% certain that no engineer was required and mine was switched over by the time I got back from work in the evening. In an attempt to help fellow future customers I notified PlusNet of the discrepancy and got a reply saying they'd take my feedback on board.
Here we are nearly two years later and their handling of the installation procedure is now even more shambolic and my original issue is still present.
Still..it does you good to laugh  Roll_eyes
scottymc
Grafter

Well bt engineer has knocked and looked and said ok I'm off to the cabinet I should be 20 mins  Grin  worth having a day off I suppose just to say hello
AndyDane
Dabbler

Quote from: Andrue

Here we are nearly two years later and their handling of the installation procedure is now even more shambolic and my original issue is still present.

Yeah it should be simple, send email A if it's not a self install, and email B if it is!
The original email said they'd be there between 8 and 1 and we needed to be in, so to phone if it wasn't convenient. Which I did, I certainly wasn't laughing when it took 46 minutes for the call  to be answered..