cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre Connection Issues.

willovip

New Fibre Connection Issues.

Okay, so new customer who has never had Fibre before, I was with another broadband company on regular ADSL but decided to switch, for faster connection speeds, A new deal and to give Plusnet a go, as I've heard positive things about them

Anyway fast forward my phone line got switched to Plusnet today, and I was waiting to be contacted by them as I thought an engineer had to visit to install the new line for fibre, I was abit annoyed about the down time, but life goes on. 

Not long ago i got an message saying "Your order is progressing. This should complete on .", then a few minutes later got a message saying "Your broadband order is now complete". Furthermore an email saying "Good news, our engineer had installed your fibre service and your broadband is ready to go". I haven't seen an engineer, Non have visited.

When I checked the site earlier, It seemed to have an error as it said "Engineer scheduled to visit %Engineerappointment% Or something similar to this, without any actual dates. Anyway I need to know is this a mistake on Plusnets behalf, Do I need an Engineer to come to the house, or am I mistaken? 

Furthermore I haven't received a plusnet router, So I couldn't even try the connection.

Tried to go on Webchat to speak to them about it, but it tells me its Unavailable. 

So I thought it would be a good idea to ask the community and any helpers floating around.

Regards, Michael. 

4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: New Fibre Connection Issues.

Hi there,

Apologies for any confusion in how this has been communicated so far.

The service has been activated today. Fibre activations are done remotely now without the need for an engineer visit.

Sorry to see the router hasn't been dispatched until today too, that should reach you within the next few days. I'll do some follow up work with our products team to find out why that went out so late. ^AW

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
willovip

Okay, thanks for the clear up Adam.

Hopefully the router will turn up before the weekend. 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No worries, router deliveries usually take 3 working days but arrive on the day after dispatch usually.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

@willovip - if the chat is showing up as unavailable and you are within the opening times for chat, your browser is blocking the scripts needed to load it. You will need to whitelist our site in your adblocker or temporarily disable your adblocker to get Chat to work. Browser addons like Ghostery and UBlock have been found to completely block Chat so changing your settings or disabling them temporarily in those browser addons should make Chat work.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.