cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre Broadband connection failure

inovaplus

New Fibre Broadband connection failure

I have been with PlusNet previously and also have other connections on business line services where I provide ICT support. Due to lockdown, I have been working in my home office using my home broadband (different ISP), but needed a fixed IP and faster connection so switched to PlusNet Fibre Broadband for Business.

I was working away from home when the switchover took place, but nothing was functioning when I got home late Friday evening (7th Aug 2020), so was onto PlusNet first thing Sat am to register the fault. 6 days later, I am still without internet, which appears to be a DSLAM fault in the Openreach street cabinet, which is affecting multiple other customers. I have already used up an entire month's data allowance on one of my contract phones and am now halfway through the data allowance of a 2nd contract phone, just trying to keep tabs on work. However, I can't do any serious work as the bandwidth and reliability is simply not there on the 4G network.

1/ Has anyone else had similar experience to this? (with PlusNet or anyone else)

2/ Any idea of how long it takes to get resolved?

3/ What options do I have to be compensated for complete loss of service and consequential costs?

Comments, experience and thoughts welcomed.

Russ

1 REPLY 1
salis
Dabbler

Re: New Fibre Broadband connection failure

I have been without broadband since 3rd August.  I upgraded to fibre mid June and my landline went funny with a loud buzzing.  When that was sorted out I lost my broadband and still without.  We have an Ooenreach box ta the top of our road and the first time I spoke to the engineer I was told that I was the first wire to be put on a new "switch" and it will work in a day or two.  A week later I spoke to a different engineer who said he didn't know how long it would be until I got connected as it was a nationwide broadband problem.

No sure answer is which is correct, probably neither.