cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre - 1 Mbs download speed

dawn3716
Dabbler

New Fibre - 1 Mbs download speed

Hi, we’ve upgraded to Fibre. But we’re only getting 1 Mbs download! New router set up and light is blue. Very disappointing. Can you help please?
28 REPLIES 28
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: New Fibre - 1 Mbs download speed

Hi @dawn3716,

I'm sorry that you've not yet seen an improvement in your speed. I've had a look into this and the reason is that your fibre upgrade order has not yet completed. Our suppliers have advised that the upgrade work will take place tomorrow (the 18th of October) and will be completed by midnight at the latest. You should see an automatic increase in speed once this order is complete.

I can see that you were originally told that the fibre order would complete on the 11th of October and that nobody has been in touch to let you know that the date had changed. I'm sorry for this oversight and for any inconvenience caused - I've passed on feedback to our provisioning department about your poor experience here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
dawn3716
Dabbler

Hi, thanks for the help.

The Fibre has been in a few weeks now, however, we don't appear to get much more than 10 Mbs download speed.

Also the router regularly displays an orange light then goes blue after a few minutes.

Can you help?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us.

Our tests aren't showing the cause for the drops or slow speeds, so I'd recommend trying the steps here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242 and if you're still experiencing problems, please report a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net giving us a nudge over here when you've completed it and we'll be happy to pick it up and pass it on to our suppliers for further investigation.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dawn3716
Dabbler

Hi, thanks for the info.

Openreach came out before we ‘upgraded’ to fibre. Sorted an underground line fault, put a new physical line to the house from the pole and put a new box in the property.

Router went off last night, again, see pics and also see speeds.
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @dawn3716,

I'm sorry to say that testing from the fault you raised this morning is showing severe crosstalk on your line. I think this is likely what is causing the downstream and upstream issues, and a 3DB issue too. 

I'm afraid this will need an engineer, can you pop some availability on the ticket and we'll get this arranged for you. 

Engineers can be requested Mon-Fri in an AM slot (8am-1pm) or PM slot (1pm-6pm). Once you've updated the ticket give us a heads up on this post and we'll get it arranged for you. 

dawn3716
Dabbler

Hi, thanks I’ve updated the ticket for an engineer with my availability.
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @dawn3716,

Thanks for that.

I've gotten it all booked in for you for Tuesday 13th November between 8am and 1pm.

Please let us all know how you get on.

dawn3716
Dabbler

Engineer came and put a new socket in, speed improved immediately.

However, we are still having issues with router going off. Power light goes orange. Router reboots after turning power off and back on again. Once last night and twice so far this evening.

Any ideas what is causing this?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

I'm glad to see that speeds have improved but it's a shame that it's dropping out still. 

I've just checked your account and can see that we've put through a request to upgrade the router firmware so it would be worth seeing if that leads to any improvement next. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dawn3716
Dabbler

Hi

I had a voicemail from Adrian yesterday who said an engineer may need to visit to resolve the connectivity issues. I can be at home all day tomorrow or on Thursday afternoon.

Thanks,

Dawn.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @dawn3716, thanks for your post.

I can see that one of my colleagues sent out a ticket yesterday (which we need a response to) in relation to the engineer visit which is accessible here.

Please let us know via this thread if you respond to the ticket, so that we can pick it up for you ASAP.

dawn3716
Dabbler

Hi there seems to be issues via the ticket, not got messages. Service keeps dropping every day, see photos for error codes. Please send ticket to sort.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Apologies for the lack of response on your support ticket.

I'll get that picked up and updated for you now.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dawn3716
Dabbler

Hi, we had an engineer out Friday. He said there was a double fault on the line and also the box in the road was full of water, he said he would be surprised if other people in the street didn’t have problems on the street as well.

Saturday and Sunday morning the router has been down again, see image of router and hub light stautus.

We’ve had some heavy rain, maybe this is the cause? Whatever the problem is it doesn’t appear to be solved. Can you advise next step please.