cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fiber Broadband Service Not Activated

nayani

New Fiber Broadband Service Not Activated

I applied for Fiber Broadband Extra connection for 18 months contract in last December.Plusnet informed that my line was activated in 24th December and the commited date for broadband activation is 04th January 2020.In my online account , billing date(start date) for line rental is shown as 24th December 2019.
Today is 11th January and still broadband service is not activated.On 9th January I have informed the Plusnet Customer Care about this problem and they have informed later the new activation date as 17th January 2020.
All the updates received regarding my order upto activation date accurate except BB service activation date,which is the real requirement.
Since the BB connection not avalible at commited date ,I had to get a mobile broad connection for some urgent work.
Do I have to wait till 17th to get my BB service.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.
3 REPLIES 3
nayani

New Fiber Broadband Connection not Activated

I applied for Fiber Broadband Extra connection for 18 months contract in last December.Plusnet informed that my line was activated in 24th December and the commited date for broadband activation is 04th January 2020.In my online account , billing date(start date) for line rental is shown as 24th December 2019.I have made lot of calls after 4th January regading activation of my fiber broadband service.So acvording to the communications,I received my order is cancelled in your supplies system for two times and you have placed the order for the third time in 22nd January and you are supposed to provide me a commited date on today(24th January).So I have called the Customer care and they have informed me wait untill next Monday to give an update.So according to your customer service ,I have to wait more time and only get update on my commited date since this is your normal proceedure.
I am really disapointted with this issue and like to know whether you can do the necessay to expidite this.
Since the BB connection not avalible at commited date ,I had to get a mobile broad connection for my home by paying more money and it seems like i have to keep that connection further since you are unable to supply your broadband connection as commited.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: New Fiber Broadband Service Not Activated

Moderators Note

Two threads merged.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: New Fiber Broadband Connection not Activated

Thanks for your posts @nayani I'm sorry for the delayed response and delay with your order.

Unfortunately the first post you made got stuck in the automated spam filter and when it was released it didn't come through to the system we use to pick up and respond to forum threads so we missed it. 😕

I've been looking into the issue with your fibre order and it's continually getting stuck in the BT systems for one reason or another so I've raised an escalation with BT to investigate further.

I'm taking this on personally moving forward and I'll provide an update as soon as I know more, which should be either today or tomorrow. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet