cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New FTTC install slow upload speeds

PKBooker

New FTTC install slow upload speeds

Hi there,
I've just had a new FTTC install and am getting lots of variation in download speeds between 7 and 35 Mbps and upload speeds are poor at less than 2mbps.  I have checked this as per the sticky post (I.e using a PC connected via a cable) and these are also much poorer than any of my neighbours are getting and the estimated speeds.  Does anyone have any ideas. Additionally using the phone test the line sounds quiet
Thanks
Phil
4 REPLIES 4
davenos
Rising Star

Re: New FTTC install slow upload speeds

Which package are you subscribed to as Plusnet supply 80/20 and 40/2.
If your a 40/2 customer then your upload speed will be slightly lower than 2mbps.
axlstod
Grafter

sounds like your on 40mb downloads 2mb uploads
axlstod
Grafter

mine was installed yesterday and I don't really understand it myself because when I go into change product it tells me my current product.my uploads are 2mb so I guess that I'm capped.
THIS IS YOUR CURRENT BROADBAND PACKAGE
Unlimited fibre
Unlimited Usage Allowance
40Mb download speed (estimated)
9.9Mb  upload speed (estimated)
You've 23 months left of your 24 contract
Designed for demanding users
PKBooker

Thanks for the replies. Really annoyed as I was previously on the 80/20 package and just moved house. I was told that I had to sign up to a new contract or pay to have the old contract cancelled but was told that I'd be on the same package as last time. I used to get 35/8 in the last place which is about 200 yards down the road but I really feel like I've been miss sold to as I was not told on the phone about the package down grade.
Oh and I had to accept the contract and the broadband was installed on the 13th day of the 14 day change your mind policy so I've got no comeback. The chap on the phone when I signed up told me that that was common and I'd have to go to ofcom if it was problem. I'll speak to plusnet again but if I get the same response again I'll just go to the ofcom complains line.  Been with plusnet for years but very disappointed with this behaviour.
Thanks for the replies.  I hope you all have better success than I did.