Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer!

chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: New Customer!

that website seems to be misleading with regards to its statement on traffic management.
"the fact remains that unlimited doesn’t really mean unlimited when some activities may slow down at peak times."
some activities don't "slow down at peak times" - that website doesn't seem to understand what traffic shaping is, they seem to be confusing it with bandwidth throttling, which it isn't.
ps. i've used both sky and plusnet.
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Quote from: chenks76
"the fact remains that unlimited doesn’t really mean unlimited when some activities may slow down at peak times."

... and there's me thinking "unlimited" referred to the amount of data and not the speed with which it is transferred Shocked Roll_eyes Crazy
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
Alucidnation
Rising Star

Thanks again everyone!
Install due for this Monday, however, i still don't have the router!!!!
Also, will the engineer need access? I have already had Sky fibre, so I'm not sure if he needs to tweak anything?
Smiley
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I've checked into the router situation, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's on your doorstep when you get home. It looks like an engineer has been booked for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Alucidnation
Rising Star

Hi again,
Does the BT engineer call beforehand?
My appointment is today between 1-6pm and no sign of hm yet?
Thanks.
thesawdust
Grafter

Hello,
          Both times the engineer has rung prior to turning up for me. Not sure they have too though? possibly running late (Overtime money grabbing)
Hope he arrives soon  Smiley
Alucidnation
Rising Star

Interestingly I've just had an email to confirm my home phone service is ready to use, and because my BB & phone were activated at different times, i have  discount on my second months bill?Huh
Well, seeing as i still have Sky BB connected (?) they won't be turning up today???
thesawdust
Grafter

Not sure on the sky fibre setup, do they use a modem from BT?
Alucidnation
Rising Star

Yes they use the usual bt modem which I have here.
Interestingly my bb has stopped working now so I'm assuming I'll get an email shortly?
I'm sure I have read here that some members have plugged in there new router and it was all up and running without an engineer visit.
thesawdust
Grafter

Hello,
Try plugging PlusNET router into BT modem. See if it turns green, if not see what error is  Wink
Alucidnation
Rising Star

Thanks Mr Dust!
All working ok so far!
Ill do some tests later.
Smiley
thesawdust
Grafter

Here's a TIP - never wait for PlusNET to email you saying it's activated. I got a text the next day saying it was activated.
Happy Surfing  Wink
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@Alucidnation
Sorry for the confusion over the engineer, unfortunately even on a fibre migration we're still asked to book one in when they aren't really needed.
Looks like everything's gone through fine from our side, so let us know if you've got any issues.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Alucidnation
Rising Star

Thanks Chris, however, the honeymoon didn't last long...
Now

Just after connection.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/4072232936.png
Not happy tbh, so would appreciate it if you could look into it as i am getting near enough the same result with the BTW checker.
thesawdust
Grafter

Wasn't you on this kind of speed prior to switching to PlusNET? As no engineer work would have taken place (Line wouldn't have been reset) What IP profile are you on? http://speedtest.btwholesale.com then click further diagnostic.
Also, what does https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome say for impacted?