cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer with slow speeds

aeoncs

New Customer with slow speeds

I have been with Plusnet for 3 months, I moved from BT Infinity 2 to Plusnet Fibre Broadband Extra in Novermeber 2016. 

When I was with BT I was getting a fairly constant 58Mbps download speed and 11Mbps Upload, the day I moved to Plusnet my speeds drop to around 30Mbps Down and 9Mbps up. I am literally getting half what i used to for the same service...

Openreach have been called to my house 4 times in the last 6 weeks, they can find no problem and blame Plusnet for my slow line sync speed and line profile, Plusnet on the other hand blame Openreach for my slow speed saying that something is wrong at the Exchange, so at the moment in time I have two clown outfits blaming each other while I pay of the Plusnet's top tier service and nothing is getting better.

I have checked my circuit profile with both Openreach and Plusnet, Plusnet swear I am on an 80/20 connection, Openreach swear I am on a 55/10 connection, this is honestly becomming a joke and I am majorly annnoyed with both parties, I am even more annoyed at Virgin for not caling my street becuase given the chance I would move the them without question. 

My only saving grace is that Plusnet are failing to meet their contractual obligations as I am failing to get even the minimum speed for my line, thus rendering the contract I have null and void. I have given Plunet 28 days to fix the fault or I will leave and go back to BT. At least with BT I know stuff will get done and I will get a good speed like i used to have, even if I do have to pay more for it. 

Has anyone else experienced this treatment or these kind of problems?

6 REPLIES 6
MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: New Customer with slow speeds

simple way is to run the BTW speedtest, do all 3 tests and post screenshots of the results. 

That tells us the profile that BTW have for you and what speed range they think you should be getting.

Can you post your router connection log for the WAN interface too as that will show what you are syncing at.

aeoncs

First test from BTW

Capture123.PNG

For some reason I have been getting an error on this past for the last couple of days, but before my profile speed was set to around 36Mbps

Capture1234.PNG

Here is a shot from the router line status, showing the line syncing at 36Mpbs

Capture12345.PNG

This is a tad annoying as I am not sure if Plusnet have limited the sync speed or if this is an Openreach hardware issue, At the moment they are both blaming eachother.

FoolishlyWise
Grafter

The speed seems to suggest you're on a 40/10 package, rather than the 80/20..

(I may be totally wrong but the upload cap at 9999 makes me wonder). 

aeoncs

Yep exactly my thought. Yet Plusnet say I am on 80/20.... I guess I need to call them back again!

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Alas none of the above info concludes too much.

If you can connect your router to the test socket on the master socket, and log into the router, assuming its Hub one. go to the  Troubleshooting/Helpdesk tab and post the results from line 5 - 11.

aeoncs

As requested:

5. DSL uptime: 0 days, 15:42:08
6. Data rate: 9999 / 36162
7. Maximum data rate: 10325 / 36003
8. Noise margin: 6.5 / 6.0
9. Line attenuation: 30.0 / 20.8
10. Signal attenuation: 29.7 / 19.4
11. Data sent/received: 574.9 MB / 9.1 GB