cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer - no broadband

R1chard99
Dabbler

New Customer - no broadband

Sad I just joined Plusnet to get away from the Talk Talk customer service nightmare. Yesterday afternoon an Openreach engineer installed the fibre, and now I still have no broadband. I was told on the online chat help that it would start between 6pm and Midnight but nothing has happened. I had a text message to say the order was complete at 5pm. I reported the fault at 7.30 this morning, but I am still no wiser as to when my broadband could be switched on.
Any advice as to how to acheive a result (or at least an answer) would be appreciated.
29 REPLIES 29
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: New Customer - no broadband

It might just be a simple activation of your account on Plusnet's system.
If one of the CRT spots this thread maybe they can do the business?
Welcome to the forum btw,
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
R1chard99
Dabbler

Thank you Strat, hopefully I will become a good member of the community. I hope this is spotted and sorted soon. I am looking forward to trying it out. My son bought a new PS4 yesterday and even organised today off work to play online, and was very disappointed.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
The orders are complete and your account activated on our side. Unfortunately it seems like you may have a fault, the fault ticket has been passed back to you to arrange an engineer appointment for further investigation.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
R1chard99
Dabbler

Thank you Chris. I hope someone can come out soon, and this will not drag on. I had internet until the switch, which doesn't give me much confidence in Openreach.
mav73

Hi R1chard99
I too was switched over today from TT nightmare to Plusnet, and also had some initial problems. I was messing about (as men do) with my own hubs i.e. a brand new sky hub, a Zyxel router and my old knackard TT piece of junk. I thought the sky hub would be the best being the newest, did nothing to hub settings and worked fine in the day, just swapped back to the Zyxel this eve as something is not right....really bad speeds. But the Zyxel worked straight away once i used the wizard on the hub settings. Great speeds at the mo.
But my thinking is have you looked at your hub settings to make sure things are set up right. You check these by typing in the address bar 192.168.*.* star star will be different for different hubs/routers. The main thing to change in these setting (not the same as the hub/router) is your log in and password example = broadband username: username@plusdsl.net.... password: ********** mine was a wizard which may have changed something else but I did relook and have not noticed anything.
Hope it helps
R1chard99
Dabbler

I will check out using another router, but the DSL light is not stable on the other box (I am not technical so dont know what it is called).
It is now 2 days since I was supposed to have been connected and I am no wiser as to when that will happen. It seems very cavalier of Plusnet to leave a new customer without a service and not put themselves out to apologise and let them know when this will be rectified. No doubt I am still being charged for the days that I am not getting the service that I am paying for.
I do understand that sometimes things go wrong, but it is common courtesy to communicate and give some indication fairly quickly as to when the service will be provided.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Sadly it appears that there have been NO responses whatever from any PN staff on Friday, 13 November on either this thread or on Feedback.  Sad
The forums are normally the only certain place where one is able get assured assistance in quick time. What on earth is happening at this once excellent company?
R1chard99
Dabbler

Thanks for the comment  tijara33.
It is now Saturday afternoon, and I am still waiting to know when I will get the service that was supposed to start on Wednesday. Maybe Plusnet are so overwhelmed by new customers that they cant cope with the influx. I hope I will not be charged for the service I am not getting.
R1chard99
Dabbler

It is now Monday - 5 days after I was supposed to be connected. Another Openreach engineer came out this morning. He has now gone and I still dont have any internet.  Sad  Cry
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I'm just chasing this up.
Really sorry for the delay.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
R1chard99
Dabbler

Thank you Matthew. I hope you can help resolve this.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Right it's been passed to our suppliers second stage team as they suspect a issue at the cabinet.
I'll check this tomorrow for you and I'll update you as soon as I can.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
R1chard99
Dabbler

Any news today Matthew? Did you manage to check yet? Thanks.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm just checking now.
Sorry for the delay.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team