New Customer - Slow speeds.

FIXED
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: New Customer - Slow speeds.

Hi @jedinburgh

I'm really sorry that an engineer didn't attend and that you weren't contacted to advise of the no-show.

This does unfortunately mean that we'll need to book in another appointment to get this resolved. If you could provide your availability via your open ticket here, we'll get this booked in and ensure that an appropriate gesture of goodwill is issued once this is resolved.

Best wishes

Dave

jedinburgh
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Done and thank you again.

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @jedinburgh

I have updated the fault ticket for you, please click here to view my response.

Thank you for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
jedinburgh
Dabbler

Engineer has been and identified a HR fault some 160m or so away (so not internal). An engineer was called out to deal with it and I was told the problem had been flagged with them and would be resolved but not given a time frame.

How long realistically should I wait before raising this issue again if it isn't resolved?

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @jedinburgh,

Since the engineer has already been, you can raise the issue again anytime you like if it still has not been fixed. Let us know how the connection is over the next 24 hours and we will then take it from there.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
jedinburgh
Dabbler

It seems the maximum possible speed has increased dramatically but that hasn't translated into faster speeds for me.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks for your post, @jedinburgh.

As the issue appears to still be ongoing, I've rejected the engineers report that the issue is resolved and we now await further information, which we'd expect within the next 3 working days.

Please let us know here if you need any further assistance in the meantime.

jedinburgh
Dabbler

To summarise a response I received on my support ticket - The fault on the line has been cleared and no issues detected with my line on your own tests.

Yet the BT speed tests continue to report that my download speed in particular is comparatively low , suffers from very varied speeds (two tests 2 minutes apart can show speeds with 10mb of difference) and is below the acceptable range of speeds.

I'm looking for clarity here if there's anything else that can be done. attached is the latest test conducted and the speed my router is showing for the connection.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting back to us @jedinburgh

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having connection issues.

We've retested your line and we can't see any issues. 

Just to confirm are you testing the line over a wired connection with nothing running in the background?

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jedinburgh
Dabbler

I've been plugging the router into the master socket downstairs , using a wired connection to a powerline adapter nearby to another upstairs connected to a PC.

I've ordered a long ethernet cable which I will use to test tomorrow a direct connection between the router and PC just to eliminate the powerline adapters as the issue.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to us @jedinburgh

Let us know how you get on with the ethernet cable direct to the router.

If you're using our router have you tried desyncing the wireless bands? If you're unsure on how to do this I've included the instructions below

1) In your browser go to 192.168.1.254.
2) Hit Advanced Settings and enter your Hub admin password when prompted (unless you've changed it, you'll find the default password on the settings card)
3) Continue to Advanced Settings.
4) Tap on Wireless.
5) Choose 5GHz tab.
6) Change 'Sync with 2.4Ghz' to No.
7) Change the name of the 'Wireless SSID'
8) Save the changes.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jedinburgh
Dabbler

Fix

I guess this serves as a warning about powerline adapters.

The tests with the long USB cable seem to show the problem is resolved. Thanks to all for their patience and help resolving this. 

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Glad to hear that you've managed to find the cause!

If you have any issues in future let us know

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team