cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer ... No broadband; helpdesk phone disconnects; chat disabled; not a happy customer

FIXED
hvwkticyjr

New Customer ... No broadband; helpdesk phone disconnects; chat disabled; not a happy customer

Just switched from BT to PlusNet and disappointing first day with no fibre broadband connection. Straight to the point, the router error log indicates a CHAP authentication failure which AFAIK means an error beyond my premises. Followed some advice on this forum to try changing and then restoring my account password so did that and left it overnight but this makes no difference. So tried to phone the helpdesk this morning and told about a major outage and referred to web / chat before phone disconnects. So moved to another location (where I can access Internet) and chat is disabled and only outage listed on service status is eMail back in November

Disappointing to say the least. No service and various forms of communication disabled 😞

So I'm recording my details here that I've had no service since 04/12/2017 and I expect you (PlusNet) to credit my account (unlimited fibre broadband and line rental saver) from 04/12/2018 until you (PlusNet) provide the service I've paid for (first payment taken about 8-weeks ago)

Waiting to hear back from you

6 REPLIES 6
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: New Customer ... No broadband; helpdesk phone disconnects; chat disabled; not a happy customer

Sorry to hear that.

If you can PM me your landline telephone number I'll be happy to test your line and we'll go from there.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: New Customer ... No broadband; helpdesk phone disconnects; chat disabled; not a happy customer

Hi there, 

I'm sorry about the problems you've had getting hold of us today, it's due to an issue that's preventing us from being able to access accounts or take inbound calls and chats. 

It sounds either like the account hasn't been activated yet or that there may be an issue with the login details being used. 

You might want to try factory resetting the router as that should trigger an automated  setup process which if all is well on our side should have you connected within about 10 minutes.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
hvwkticyjr

Landline [Removed]

I've tried using the PlusNet router that was sent and it fails. I double checked the username/password shown on the hub administration pages and they are correct. I've also used a BT hub 6A which was previously being used and changed the username to myaccount (followed by @plusdsl.net) and set the password and it also fails with CHAP authentication failure. Bothe routers also reset with no change

Not sure if it has any bearing on this but in my connection settings (see attached) xDSL is showing as "Not Active" and also some eMail from you when phone went live yesterday says my phone line and broadband are being activated on different dates which should not be the case

Awaiting your follow-up

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum to an area that staff can see.

Authors note: removed attachment

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Everything checks out on our suppliers side.

It's possible that your account on our side isn't yet active. We'll take a closer look when we can and we'll post back here.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

I've activated your account now. Can you let us know if you're able to connect?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hvwkticyjr

Broadband now up and running

Thanks for resolving this so quickly