New Customer – No Internet

FIXED
LittleBitGrumpy
Hooked
Fixes: 2

New Customer – No Internet

Hi, 

Line when Live Today had email to say connect Hub etc,

Hub connects (Blue Light), but no internet connection. 

Username on the hub still has setup@plusdsl.net and default password.

Changed it to my username@plusdsl.net and my password, click connect and get get orange light on hub.

It doesn’t save your password when you press the connect button, it reverts back to the default password.

Tried to reset the router but still have same problem.

Not a good start...

Cheers

8 REPLIES 8
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: New Customer – No Internet

@LittleBitGrumpy

Welcome to the forums.

You will probably be better off by phoning up and getting help that way. The forums are not monitored 24/7 and not all posts are answered by Staff members.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hi there @LittleBitGrumpy I am really sorry to hear you can't connect to the internet.

I've performed some maintenance on your account now which I believe will resolve the problem. Please could you try a factory reset of your router or manually setup your router once more?

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
NSCOFFIELD
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Had the same problem , took plus net three days to sort it.
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Had the same problem here, left the Plusnet supplied router on for >12 hours and at the end of that time it still showed setup@plusdsl.net with no internet access. Eventually I configured my own router with my PN username and password which got things working.

Only been back with PN for three days and just about every thing which can go wrong has gone wrong. Fortunately the Plusnet staff in the forum are very good at sorting thing out. Cheesy

30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

What dns did you get @npr

npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Configured Google DNS, but that will change when I get some time.

LittleBitGrumpy
Hooked
Fixes: 2

Fix

Thanks for all your comments,

Also been on the phone to support, they are sending me out a new router. as the router also defaulted the username to somebody else @plusdsl.net after I reset it at the back Huh

Anyway connected an old ECI Openreach modem with my RT-N65U router, entered my username password using a PPPoE connection which connected, but again no internet connection, changed my password to an incorrect one and it wouldn't connect, so I knew the username & password were being authenticated ok, changed the password back and rebooted router and my internet now works.

Thanks for all your help.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

The maintenance I performed was to add your connection password to the radius server on your account as this was missing and the reason why you were unable to authenticate.

I noticed you were sent a replacement router but I don't believe it is faulty though.

Happy to hear you're back up and running anyway. Smiley

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button