cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer, Internet keeps dropping although router says connected

ford306

New Customer, Internet keeps dropping although router says connected

Hi All,

New customer here, service went live yesterday! When its working it seems good (better than my previous supplier (vodafone)) but its constantly dropping the internet, sometimes for hours at a time. The router tells me I'm connected to the internet, but, I have no internet! I've noticed my username on the router seems to be setup@plusdsl.net and not my chosen username, but if I enter the correct one it doesn't connect ( I can't remember my password so I may be entering that incorrectly,) but i've tried every password I think I may have chosen.

Any Ideas as it's getting really annoying now!

2 REPLIES 2
moansalot
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: New Customer, Internet keeps dropping although router says connected

Hi -Welcome

Counter intuitevly you might try disconnecting the phone lead to the router while entering your username /  pswd into the router. - then save it and reconnect the phone cable - that should fix it

Also  you will have issues connecting if your password contains any special characters  & %  $  etc  - if it does you will have to log onto your plusnet account ( potential issue if you forgotten pswd ) and change pswd to basic alphanumeric characters

ford306

Re: New Customer, Internet keeps dropping although router says connected

thanks for the advice, it has just come back up after being down for 2 hours! My username has now changed to my chosen username, my password does contain a special character though, so if i continue to have dropouts I'll try changing that. I've since found out that my password is the same one used to access my account, so i do know it, it was just that it wasn't working!