Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer - Fibre Broadband not working

FIXED
Njamot
Fixes: 1

New Customer - Fibre Broadband not working

I hope someone can help. I have received an email & a text this morning to confirm the broadband had been activated.

I have connected the router following the instructions sent. The router is showing an orange light and a flashing red light. I have gone through some troubleshooting and everything has been setup properly but I am still unable to connect (I don’t currently have a phone to test the line though).
Is that to be expected on activation day or am I going to need an engineer to sort out the line?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: New Customer - Fibre Broadband not working

@Njamot

Welcome to the forums.

The broadband can be connected anytime up to midnight on the connection day.

Sometimes Plusnet send the message out too early so hopefully today is your go live date.

I would suggest you buy a cheap £6 wired phone from Argos or similar to ensure that your phone line works. Indeed a working phone line is one of the checks Plusnet ask you to make if you want to report a broadband fault.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

If you put your phone number into here https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome you can check if the line has an open order on it and when it is expected to be completed. It should show today's date in the right hand column of the results.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @Njamot

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry for any confusion on your activation day, hopefully I can confirm things for you.

I have looked into your order and can confirm your phone order has now completed. Regarding your broadband @SpendLessTime is correct. Sometimes the email is sent early advising your broadband is active, I am sorry about this. I have checked your broadband order and can confirm this is Committed for today so is still processing to complete today up to midnight.

Apologies once again for any confusion this has caused and if you have any further question we are here to help.

Njamot
Fixes: 1

Fix
Thanks for confirming this. Broadband is now up and running! Smiley
Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @Njamot,

I'm really glad that everything up and running now for you

Should you have any issues please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Kind Regards,