cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer - FIbre Activated, Orange light on router

MF36

New Customer - FIbre Activated, Orange light on router

Fibre activated yesterday so plugged in router (Hub one) expecting to get online. Orange light on router came on and flashing broadband light. Opened web browser and followed prompts to go to hub manager, asked me to click connect and nothing. The router just keeps trying to connect.
Tried factory resetting, same thing happened. Ensured connection details on router were correct, still the orange light flashes with the Broadband light.
Phoned up this morning and was told the router is saying wrong password, correct password was entered several times last night, was asked to factory reset and try entering log in details again, What's the point of trying this, I have already done this several times last night. Tried phoning support last night but was on hold for 1 hour and 30 mins and nobody answered.
Can someone take a look and see if this can be resolved? as the kids are getting annoyed that there has been no internet and are unable to complete homework as they have to connect to their school's gateway to access it.
Many Thanks in advance
5 REPLIES 5
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: New Customer - FIbre Activated, Orange light on router

Ensured connection details on router were correct, still the orange light flashes with the Broadband light.

Unfortunately they don't appear to be correct. Our RADIUS servers are reporting 'password incorrect', can you try logging in to the router and reentering the password.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Following on from Chris' post, if you're sure that you're typing in the password correctly, you could try changing your password and then try connecting using your new password. This usually resolves this sort of issue. Here's the link to our change password tool.
https://portal.plus.net/forgotpassword/
Hope this helps
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Doglet
Grafter
Fixes: 1

I have a similar problem with my Plusnet Hub One router it never remembers the password so every time the internet goes down (at least once per day) I have to do this...
Enter in a web browser http://192.168.1.254
click "Settings"
enter my router admin password (it remembers that one just fine!) it's on a card on the back of the router if you're still on the default one.
click "Enter your Broadband username and password"
enter the password I agreed with Plusnet when setting up my account
click "Connect"
Every time it flashes orange! Angry

MF36

Hi.
The password reset worked a treat. Thanks
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Awesome, no problem. I'm glad you're back online now.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button