cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer - Atrocious Service!

gavinrobinson35

New Customer - Atrocious Service!

Extremely bad experience as a new customer!  Sad Angry Angry Angry Angry Sad Sad Angry Sad Angry
31/05/2015
Ordered plusnet, unlimited fibre 38mbps. Paid first months costs. Received email confirming signup and engineer booking for 12/06/2015 between midday and 6pm (as per order process)
Checked my account and stated the same "We'll arrange for your fibre broadband service to be installed. This will happen on 12/06/2015 PM"
12/06/2015
No router has arrived to date.
Logged on to chat with a plusnet support at 9.03 AM. Received apology for router not being sent out and was advised that it has now been dispatched. Was advised that BT engineer was booked for today as confirmed.
Transcript of conversation:
Chat start time Jun 12, 2015 9:03:42 AM GMT
Chat end time Jun 12, 2015 9:10:51 AM GMT
Duration (actual chatting time) 00:07:08
Operator John D
Chat Transcript
info: Thank you for talking to us today - we'll be with you shortly.
All of our teams are currently helping other customers. There are 1 customers waiting before you. Thanks for your patience.
info: You are now chatting with John D.
John 😧 Good morning, I'm John D. How can I help you today?
Gavin Robinson: Hi there. my fibre BB is scheduled to be installed this afternoon by BT but I have not received my router. Can you check if it has been dispatched and confirm the BT engineer will still be attending please? Thanks
John 😧 I'll have a look into it, just a moment...
Gavin Robinson: Thank you
John 😧 I've just sent the router out now so that should be with you within 3-5 working days.
John 😧 It looks like everything is in place for the installation today.
John 😧 So I am sorry for the delay in sending the router.
Gavin Robinson: ok thanks. Do you know why the router wasnt sent out? it says on your website that it would arrive prior to the installation? Either way I have a technicolor router that supports PPPoe from my previous provider so I will use that in the mean time.
John 😧 Yes, you should be able to use that router.
Gavin Robinson: Ok well thanks for your help
John 😧 Thank you, have a good day.

Go to midday. No call from engineer although it clearly states under the plusnet FAQ's that I would receive a call to confirm the engineer arrival time. Went back onto chat. Again support confirmed that engineer was arriving today.
Chat start time Jun 12, 2015 12:00:02 PM GMT
Chat end time Jun 12, 2015 12:15:01 PM GMT
Duration (actual chatting time) 00:14:59
Operator Liam
Chat Transcript
All of our teams are currently helping other customers. There are 8 customers waiting before you. Thanks for your patience.
info: All of our teams are currently helping other customers. There are 5 customers waiting before you. Thanks for your patience.
info: All of our teams are currently helping other customers. There are 5 customers waiting before you. Thanks for your patience.
info: All of our teams are currently helping other customers. There are 4 customers waiting before you. Thanks for your patience.
info: All of our teams are currently helping other customers. There are 2 customers waiting before you. Thanks for your patience.
info: All of our teams are currently helping other customers. There are 2 customers waiting before you. Thanks for your patience.
info: You are now chatting with Liam.
Gavin Robinson: hi there. engineer supposed to be booked for this afternoon for fibre install. Said during the order process that they would call to confirm when they are coming. Havent had a call ......
Liam: Hey Gavin, they usually call 20 minutes before they arrive, but they don't always phone.
Gavin Robinson: Ok. So I can continue on the assumption that they are still coming then? Just that I've booked the day off and obviously a bit limiting what I can do without a specific time.
Liam: Yes, they will still be coming. 1pm to 6pm
Gavin Robinson: Ok thanks

4pm. Still no engineer. Got back onto chat again and advised them of this. For the 3rd time, asked support to confirm that the engineer was booked but this time asked him to confirm 100%. (oh yeah so blatantly the previous 2 didnt bother to check properly!). He came back and confirmed that there had been a problem with the booking and I should call customer services.
Chat start time Jun 12, 2015 3:58:58 PM GMT
Chat end time Jun 12, 2015 4:14:26 PM GMT
Duration (actual chatting time) 00:15:27
Operator Rikki
Chat Transcript
All of our teams are currently helping other customers. There are 6 customers waiting before you. Thanks for your patience.
info: All of our teams are currently helping other customers. There are 1 customers waiting before you. Thanks for your patience.
info: You are now chatting with Rikki.
Rikki: Good afternoon, I'm Rikki. How can I help you today?
Gavin Robinson: Hi. Been in all day expecting an engineer visit. No visit and no call unfortunately. In your FAQs it says the installation can take 3-4 hours to complete ... that would now go beyond 6pm .... can you find out what's going on please? Thanks
Rikki: The engineer can arrive at any point up until 6pm, we are unable to track engineers so I wouldn't be able to tell you anything further. Is it a fibre install you're having?
Gavin Robinson: Yes, it's a fibre install - so you are 100% sure it's booked?
Rikki: Let me check, I have fibre at home and the install took less than half an hour so I don't think it's anything to be concerned about
Rikki: If I could take the first and last character of your password please
Gavin Robinson: K and 2
Gavin Robinson: Thanks
Rikki: Give me a second to check it over
Gavin Robinson: ok thanks for your help
Rikki: I have checked your account and although I can see on the account there are emails from us confirming the engineer date I'm unable to find any form of order or appointment which has been confirmed and booked with BT. What I will have to ask you to do is give our dedicated Provisioning team a call on 0800 432 0200 and they should be able to get everything sorted for you
Gavin Robinson: hmm that doesnt sound good. I am calling now
Rikki: I'll leave some notes on your account so whomever you speak to knows what we have been talking about
Gavin Robinson: ok. very disapointing but thanks for your help all the same
Rikki: It’s been great chatting to you today. I really appreciate your time and would love to hear any feedback that you might have.
Please click this link to close the chat and answer a few questions about the experience you have had with me today.
Don’t forget to subscribe to <a href="www.youtube.com/user/plusnethelp” target="_blank">Plusnet Help on YouTube for further help and support.
Enjoy the rest of your day!

Enjoy the rest of your day! Yeah right!
4.30 pm, eventually got through to customer services after 20 minute hold. Advised them of chat conversations above and that there was concern that the engineer wasnt booked correctly. Was advised that there had been an 'automated error' on my order process and as such no booking had been made! (so it took 3 online chats and a telephone conversation to notify me of this!). Then advised that as plusnet had failed to notify my current provider of the cancellation I am now looking at a minimum of 2 weeks before even another engineer can be booked, let alone provision the service! I have been promised a call back from a manager within 2 hours... we shall see ...
Extremely annoyed, especially as I have booked the whole day off work and stayed in especially for this!!!!!!!
Is this typical of this company, because if it is I am having serious thoughts about whether to proceed with this order!
https://www.plus.net/order-tracker/
"Sit back and relax, we're taking care of your order....."
YEAH .... RIGHT!!!!
15 REPLIES 15
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: New Customer - Atrocious Service!

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've had.  Sad
I've fed back on the original agent you first chatted to as he should have checked there and then.
In terms of what we can do at the moment your current provider has a cease in place on the line for the 19th.
We can't place any orders while this is in place so we would need you to contact your current provider to get this removed.
Once that's been done we can place the order although there will be a 2 week delay as we can't expedite a transfer from another provider.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

@Matthew, unless I'm misunderstanding something, once the cease completes this will no longer be a transfer from another provider as there will no longer be any (broadband) provider associated with the line.  Does that not change the situation regarding the possibility of an expedited provide?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
gavinrobinson35

I have put in a request to my current provider to remove the cease notice. They were notified on 31st May.
gavinrobinson35

Are you saying that if I get my current provider to cancel immediately this can be done quicker but I'll be without BB until it'd setup?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@w23
That is one solution of sorts but leaves the OP without internet access until we get the phone line restarted and a order placed
@gavinrobinson35
Thanks I'm just waiting for our suppliers records to update then I can place the order. What w23 has said is correct but you would be without internet until we get you up and running.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
gavinrobinson35

Ok well I can live with that assuming it isn't an excessive period of time - do you know how long it would be please?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Depending on when the line gets ceased by your current provider it could take up to a week but could be longer.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
gavinrobinson35

Ok I think I could live with that assuming it's not much longer than 1 week so I will contact current provider for an immediate cancellation
gavinrobinson35

Thanks for your help btw. Put me at ease a bit!
farcanal

You have my sympathies ,i have just  experienced exactly the same scenario, I had ordered Fibre Pro Plus and was told " sit back and relax"
My engineer was meant to turn up on the 11/6 but  no engineer came, I My router also wasn`t sent automatically and i had to ring customer services to get it sent out.
The reason given for my order failing was  `The order didn`t automatically go through to OR` and would need to be done manually, Well i haven`t the patience to put up with all the amateur faffing about and i cancelled today.
I hope your order goes through Gavin and i wish you luck, honestly i do.
Afterthoughts:  You would think in this day and age its a pretty lame excuse to blame " system errors" on failing orders and my case wasn`t a isolated incident, We are are not talking about mechanical systems with gears and cogs and reciprocating clutches for Gods sake! Its relatively rare for texts and emails to fail and not get sent so either Plusnets software systems are flaky or personnel aren`t making the necessary checks to make sure the orders are progressing correctly.  My guess is on the latter.
And its interesting to note i haven`t been offered any apology or explanation for what actually went wrong- apart from the usual 
" Computer says no".  Oh and that blasted music while i was on hold last night for 58.00 minutes,The volume is so loud you cant hear when a adviser talks to you as you have to turn down the phone volume.  Just so tacky.
bjdctej

I had the same experience.
Engineer meant to attend on Tuesday 9 but nobody bothered to turn up. Nobody bothered to call and let me know a mistake was made either, I had to do all the chasing to find out anything. When I was on the phone the first time round the advisor said "The engineer is only an hour late at the moment, so would be worth waiting a bit longer". Errrr... no.... I paid for a 5hr timeslot. Good grief even Tesco manage to offer 1hr slots and stick to them so it can't be too hard to do.
What galls me, is we as customers are charged £49.99 if the engineer turns up and we aren't in, but it is perfectly ok for them to forgot about us paying customers.
As far as I am concerned I paid £50 to have my phone and fibre installed on a specific day during a specific time slot, and I fulfilled my part of the contract by being there. My charge for a fail to attend also happens to be £49.99 (only fair!) so I look forward to this being credited to my account.
The only good thing is someone called Oliver from the Provisioning Team seemed to try and get a hold on what was going on, and ensured the installation was rebooked and actually carried out on Thursday 11 June. This didn't stop Openreach from trying to scupper his efforts though by allocating 2 different engineers during the same time slot - basically if they turned up in the wrong order then I wouldn't have fibre for another week as the engineer wouldn't stick around waiting for the line to be installed. Fortunately by chance the phone engineer arrived first, with the fibre one straight after. I asked them both if they knew about the others attendance and they didn't know anything except what they were expected to do - so it really was luck!
Poor show really from Openreach/Plusnet as the lines of communication between them could really be much better without having to resort to loads of phone calls taking place to fulfil a simple(?) order of phone line and fibre.
gavinrobinson35

Oh dear. So this isn't an isolated incident then by the sounds if it ...  Sad
gavinrobinson35

Spoke to my current provider. Current line and bb will be cancelled on Monday 15th.
gavinrobinson35

So  credit where credits due. My fibre is now up and running. 38 down and 19 up which I am well happy with. So they sorted it out in the end to be fair to then!