cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Connection

bake73
Dabbler

New Connection

Hello i just got connected and my profile is on 30/2 in the router(Hub One)when it should be 80/20. Will it get any faster or is that the max?

I'm not connected to the master socket but i will try this tomorrow.

Thanks

Bernie

20 REPLIES 20
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: New Connection

@bake73

Welcome to the forum.

I think you need to connect to the master socket to see if the extension is at fault. FTTC should be at full speed from day 1 if everything is working correctly.

By the way, the fastest Plusnet service is 80/20 not 80/40 as you wrote.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
bake73
Dabbler

Yeah i meant 80/20 Embarrassed

I'll give it a try tomorrow as its a house i'm moving into.

I just thought the profile in the router would be 80/20 and i would understand if i was getting less as it could be a fault with the data extension.

This is what my profile says

Postcode:

Phone exchange:WIGAN

Estimated line speed:47Mb (This may vary between 35Mb and 47.9Mb) - Checked on 2016-07-25 01:26:46Current line speed:78 Mb

Thanks for the welcome Cool_smiley

SpendLessTime
Hero

The router info is taken from what it sees on the line, not some marketing speech speed which the upto 80/20 is really. So it can be at variance to expectations.

You may want to check what the BT speed estimate is given as at http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.Telephone?URL=&SP_NAME=a%20service%20provider&VERSION=...

And the Plusnet Line Speed may not be of much use, according to Bob Pullen, especially if your line is on the new network.

Of course, you may just have a fault.

Look forward to seeing the results of your testing.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Our tests aren't showing any particular cause although you are on the 40/2 product which will be limiting your upload speeds.

I've placed a order to change this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
bake73
Dabbler

Thanks any idea how long that will take?

I'm gonna have a look at the wiring later and try the master socket.

Cheers

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It'll complete tomorrow.

Is it not in the master socket at the moment?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
bake73
Dabbler

its on a data extesion from a mk3 master socket which is in the basement. Its an old cable that is already installed but i just wanted to try it before i start drilling and ripping things up Wink

SpendLessTime
Hero

So  not a fault, just Plusnet ordering the wrong product for you Huh

Sometimes I wonder why I bother when the supplier gets something so simple so wrong.

bake73
Dabbler

Tried it in the master socket and I get the same speeds.
Is there any chance my download speed will increase when I go on the 80/20 profile?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

As you're currently syncing at 30mbps I don't think so but we'll know for sure from tomorrow.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
bake73
Dabbler

Well i'm now getting 30/4 so slightly better.I was hoping to get at least the minimum i was told id get(35)

Can you just double check my profile please as i get the full 30/4 like im being capped.

Thanks

bake73
Dabbler

I now have nearly 2 days uptime and its slowly creeping up. Im on 30829/4227 from 29/4 Tongue

Its a shame your lower package is 40/2 as id swap to that but i like the extra upload speed.

Cheers for the help Thumbs_Up

bake73
Dabbler

Hello I got this email the other day

When you signed up for Plusnet Broadband, we gave you an estimated line speed. Now that your broadband has now been active for 14 days, we thought we'd let you know the speed as it stands today, by way of comparison.

Estimated line speed 39.8Mbps to 53.6Mbps
Current line speed 29.4Mbps

Your current speed is lower than your original estimate, but don't worry. You should be able to improve things by following the tips in our broadband speed guide.

If that doesn't help, you may need to report a fault - please see our speed troubleshooting guide for help with this.

If you've got any questions about your service our Community Forums have loads of information and help available.

Ive tried all the suggestions and i've also run a new data extension with good cat5e cable to an rj11 data socket but still get the same speeds. 

The connection feels very stable and probably the only times i've been disconnected is when i've been sorting the wiring and trying the master socket.

Anything else i can try or should i report a fault?

Thanks

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'd recommend raising a fault so we can look at getting a engineer out.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team