cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Broadband Package but no Speed Change

nick_chicane
Dabbler

New Broadband Package but no Speed Change

Hi guys, hope I can get some assistance through here. I have recently moved to the Unlimited Fibre Extra package but have noticed that theres been absolutely no change to my line speeds (currently just under 23mbps download with just under 7mbps upload). Does anyone know how long it takes for the changes to take place as its now 5 days with no change? 

Thanks.

Apologies, this should have been in the Fibre Broadband section of the forum. 

14 REPLIES 14
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: New Broadband Package but no Speed Change

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @nick_chicane, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you're having speed issues as of recent.
I can see when testing over your connection currently there looks to be a profile banding in place of 25Mbps on our suppliers side which would explain the current lower speed you're seeing. As your line estimates are a lot higher I have placed the request with our suppliers and faults team to remove the banding we can see which should take place over the next 3 working days.

If then you could please turn the router off and back on your side come Tuesday morning or later then hopefully the speeds you see then fall in line with the estimates and what's expected. If you're still seeing issues at this point then please let us know and we'll happily look to investigate further.

nick_chicane
Dabbler

Thank you. I shall be in touch either to confirm that the speeds have improved or to let you know if theres no change. 

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You're very welcome @nick_chicane and my apologies for any inconvenience caused in the meantime. We look forwards to hearing from you further.

nick_chicane
Dabbler

Hi, I've just reset my router now (Tuesday evening) and the speeds are still showing the same. 22mb download and 6mb upload. 

I'd appreciate if someone would start kicking people up the backside as this is nearly 2 weeks now that I've been on this new broadband package and I'm still yet to receive the speeds I should be. 

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @nick_chicane, thanks for getting back in touch and I'm sorry to hear you're still having speed issues.
I have checked with the team who progress these types of unbandings and it looks like non of the requests we've sent through over the last few days look to have been actioned. I'll certainly be chasing this up further to make sure the banding can be removed for you as quickly as possible but until I hear back from the relevant team I'm afraid I can't confirm when this issue will be resolved for you.
I've marked this post so we can be sure to update you as we hear back and we'll be happy to looking at a goodwill gesture due to this ongoing issue once the speeds are where we expect to see them for you.
My apologies for any ongoing inconvenience this may be causing.

nick_chicane
Dabbler

Thank you for the response. Nothing personal against you, but yeah, as a very long term Plusnet customer (must be 20 years now or at least approaching that) I've always been extremely happy with the service I've received. This is the first time its definitely fallen below the standard I'm used to. I look forward to hearing back. Cheers! 

nick_chicane
Dabbler

Hi, first of all, thanks for your input as the change has now taken place and I'm receiving a download speed of 42 Mbps, which is well within the range I was told I would receive so I am happy with that. My upload speed is a bit low though. The range for the package is between 9-14 Mbps, but I'm only receiving 7 Mbps. Is there anything that can be done to increase the upload speed? As a gamer, who plays online, the upload speed is important to me at times. 

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

7mbps should be more than ample for gaming, latency is the most important thing.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hi @nick_chicane

Thanks a lot for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear that you're still having issues, now with the upload speed on your line. I've run another RRT on your line which does show show some line issues, however the line is no longer banded.

DLM Profile - Downstream: 0.128M-80M with Retransmission (Low). Upstream: 0.128M-20M with no error protection

Going forward, if you can, please connect your router to the test socket, this lies behind the face plate of your master socket, and try to use an Ethernet cable instead of wireless when possible. Speeds can fluctuate as well, so, it's worth keeping an eye on this over the next few days to see if it increases following the recent DLM reset. "Line issues" have been detected though, so if this does not improve, we can always then raise this with our suppliers and request an engineer appointment.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
nick_chicane
Dabbler

Hi, I'll give it a few days then and see if theres any change with the upload speeds. 

There was mention of a goodwill gesture as theres been such a long delay between me changing my package and actually receiving the speeds I should. I'd be interested to know what that will be and when I'll receive it? 

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Great stuff @nick_chicane

In regards to a gesture of goodwill, this information cannot really be shared publicly. I've therefore sent you an email, which you can respond to via your online Member Centre, or simply respond to the generic SMS that I've sent alongside it.

Give me a nudge on here once you've responded and I'll pop back into the account.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
nick_chicane
Dabbler

I have responded, Adam. Thanks. 

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @nick_chicane,

Thanks for getting back in touch. I've updated the ticket on Adam's behalf.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team