cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New BT Cabinet to appear closer to house

amcclean
Rising Star

New BT Cabinet to appear closer to house

My Wife just informed me that a new BT cabinet is to be installed in our estate as a post has appeared on the lamp post at the entrance.

Where can I find out what it might be for. Postcode G72 7G Macarthur Wynd, Cambuslang.

Just checked the poster, cabinet is to be anew all in one dslam, Cambuslang R2. Is it likely that only new installs will get placed in new cabinet or might bt move the whole of our estate across from a box in another local estate.

5 REPLIES 5
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: New BT Cabinet to appear closer to house

You are correct that it's only likely to be new installs, as routing the line to a different cab can be a bit of an expensive affair. Wishing you all the best with your new provider by the way, really sorry to hear you're leaving.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
amcclean
Rising Star

Cheers Matty C, 

I guess at some point ee, bt and Pn may all merge and we'll meet again. Their TV and BB offering offered Mobile into the bargain and price wise was therefore a no brainier together with retaining higher uploads. If PN did mobiles then we may have stayed in the PN camp rather than moving into the room next door.

podman

amcclean
Rising Star

Received a reply from BT advising that lines in my postcode are most likely to be moved to new cabinet to free up space in the current cabinet in the large estate across the road. They gave list of postcodes they plan to move and it is mostly all of our estate on a new cabinet. 

Hope they stick to their word.

Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

That's unusual. Normally BT just install additional cabinets. Hopefully if the new cabinet is closer to you your line will be shorter as well.

amcclean
Rising Star

Time will tell but reply to enquiry states:

Existing lines in the estate which are currently served through the two separate cabinets will remain that way, with the exception of some premises on post code G72 7G* (my postcode), these will migrate to the new cab.

The proposal is for the new AIO/DSLAM cabinet to serve the premises on post codes G72 7G... , G72 7G.., G72 7G,,, G72 7G.., G72 7G* my code