Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never received upload increase.

malkpm
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Never received upload increase.

This is from a Plusnet mail on 29th November..........
"The upload speed of your service has increased from up to 1.9Mbps to up to 9.5Mbps*, check out our blog post for more info on this. "
Very nice except it hasn't happened. Would be happy to get the 1.9Mbs !!!!!!!
I don't think I am being unreasonable as this is what I was told I will get.
Was this mail sent in error????
3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 394

Re: Never received upload increase.

Hi, unless your upload sync was at the maximum (2.0Mb) before the increase then you're unlikely to see any change.

If you were only synching at <1.9 then it would indicate that you're limited by the distance to the cabinet. In this case , PN changing the upload cap from 2 to 10Mb isn't going to make any change for you I'm afraid.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

malkpm
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thanks for the quick reply MisterW.
I do wonder why the mails in the first place. A bit miss leading saying first that you will get a free upgrade then, saying you have it only to realise it was all false information. Current upload is 1.09mb.
Just had family here for a few days and with their extra devices the speeds I receive are inadequate.
Family said I should get fibre. I explained that I was already on it😁😁😁😁😁
Happy New Year
I
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi there!

Unfortunately as @MisterW has said the change allows speeds of up to 9.5mbps but it is dependent on what your line can obtain. So if your line's maximum upload was less than 1.9mb previously, you won't see any benefit.

You can check your estimates here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team