cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never mentioned

ArthurDent
Grafter

Never mentioned

An efficient Openreach guy (actually from subcontractor the mighty M J Quinn & Co) arrived on time and carried out a trouble-free fibre conversion this a.m. He told me that raw speed here was now projected up in the 50s. Obviously, however, BTW still thinks I'm on ADSL, reporting performance as 2mb/s.
It looks as if, as experienced by so many others posting here, some PN intervention is needed. I don't recall this ever being pointed out. Why not? My understanding, when discussing the topic, was that the 7 to 10 day adjustment period could entail a downward adjustment for purposes of stability.
5 REPLIES 5
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Never mentioned

If PN still have you on the old profile that'll need a nudge.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
dfunked
Grafter

If this is what I think it is, it's been an issue with plusnet's automated systems for ages now. If you open the link below it'll show your current line speed, which I'm guessing is still incorrectly showing the ADSL speeds. Plusnet just need to quickly change this to your correct speed and you'll be running at full speed then. It should be changing automatically, but seems to need a little nudge more often than not.
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
If any plusnet staff could also pick up my request for the same thing that'd be great (added it to my house move ticket but nothing has been done with it yet)
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Quote from: ArthurDent
was that the 7 to 10 day adjustment period could entail a downward adjustment for purposes of stability.

there is no 7-10 day period for Fibre connections.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

My new fibre connection went straight to 30Mb and there it has stayed  Cool
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
ArthurDent
Grafter

In fairness, Aaron has picked this up and corrected it promptly.