cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never ending internet problem rant

stuffys
Hooked

Never ending internet problem rant

We moved house end of summer last year and before hand Plusnet where the bees knees, no problem and amazing customer service. However...

Since we have moved we are having constant problem with out fibre broadband, we have to restart the hub at least 3-4 times a day (both wifi and ether).The thing that makes this worse has been the customer service-

1.We have had multiple conversations with different people trying the exact same solutions, even though you explain this has not worked before. 

2.Been referred to the faults team at least 3 times maybe more.

3.Had an engineer not turn up on an arranged day(after waiting in all day), to be told the next day the appointment had been cancelled.

4.Finally an engineer came out, told problem was fixed, but is not.

5.My last conversation with plusnet was just after the engineer had been and they called me when I was driving. I explained that the problem was still occuring but that I could not speak more as I was driving. The plusnet customer support member told me that they would email me some response. The email discarded my complaint that the problem had not been fixed and I quote

I can see that it is stable and the speed is operating within expected limits for the length of your line. I therefore conclude that this matter is resolved.

and that if there was any more problems the fault ticket would sat active for 14 days and to contact them

Sorry for rant the internet connection has just gone down again and I just wanted to vent!!!

13 REPLIES 13
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Never ending internet problem rant

Hi @stuffys

Thanks for getting in touch - sorry to hear that this is dragging on.

I've asked one of my colleagues to take ownership of this issue and contact you regarding this today.

Let me know how you get on.

Best Wishes,

Dave

stuffys
Hooked

Wee update, home renovations ment I missed plusnet repair window (my fault). Problem still happening so got in touch with plusnet cs, told they would get back in touch... week later I had to get in touch with them. They had no record of the promise of getting back in touch, lucky I had the transcript, so cut and paste. Give the next plusnet cs credit he arranged an engineer for that next day (today). Open reach engineer has just left and there is nothing they can find wrong at there end as the signal is strong, no errors being recorded. He believes as my Hub keeps is keeping its blue light when my internet has died and by reseting the hub (solves my connection for an hour), that plusnet are seeing the connection dropout due to the resetting and nothing to do with my line. 

On second hub, done microfilter only, isolated frequency...

Engineer will sent his report to plusnet and explain problem is at there end and I should wait until they get the report to contact them. 

My question to anybody is what else can it be?

Will update after speaking to plusnet after report.

ps home renovations nearly finished, might even get a kitchen sink by next Tuesday! Cheesy

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Do you get this problem when the router is connected to a computer with an Ethernet cable?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

stuffys
Hooked

Hi Baldrick1

Happens with both wifi and ethernet cable.

markhawkin
Pro
Fixes: 11

@stuffys

My guess is that you are a reasonable distance from the exchange (ADSL) or green box (fibre)..

I had quite a battle getting a relatives ADSL/Fibre working (they went to fibre due to line length limited poor ADSL performance).

What sorted it was connecting directly to the master socket and fitting a filtered faceplate to that master socket.

Something like "Solwise ADSL-VDSLFACE-SOL VDSL2 Filtered Splitter SIN498 and SIN346 Compliant Faceplate" at Amazon but to suit your physical socket.

I am the satisfied customer....
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear you're still having issues.

Just to confirm when you lose connection does the light on the router change at all?

If it doesn't can you carry out a traceroute when it next happens?

If you don't know how to do this you can find out by going here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
stuffys
Hooked

Hi Matthew 

Thanks for getting in touch.

The light does not change, it continues to stay blue.

I will do a traceroute next time it happens, annoyingly It just happened and I reset the hub before I saw your message. 

Mike

stuffys
Hooked

Hi Matthew 

I have taken screen shots of traceroute both with no internet and post reset of the hub.Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 01.58.01.pngScreen Shot 2018-05-31 at 02.03.45.png

Is this of any help?

stuffys
Hooked

Morning

Just been on plusnet chat and asked to do a traceroute on www.bbc.co.uk, result was

64 hops max, 72 byte packets

High number of hops is something they are referring to the faults team. Will update asap with anymore news.

stuffys
Hooked

ps

just done speed checker, this is frustrating..if only I got this all he time.

Date/Time Avg Down Avg Up Provider  
31-05-2018 08:08:10 (GMT) 64.4 Mbps 13.6 Mbps Plusnet
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

That traceroute looks fine but the connection is still showing alot of drops which is concerning.

Just to confirm are you rebooting the router for all the drops shown above?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
stuffys
Hooked

Hi Matthew.

Brain dead from house building work but think yep to rebooting hub at the dropouts.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for the confirmation.

Can you try changing the DNS on one of your devices to 212.159.13.49 and 212.159.13.50 and seeing if that has the same issue?

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team