cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Discovery Issues.

ChavasRegal

Network Discovery Issues.

I've been experiencing network discovery issues with my Technicolor TG582n FTTC running Software Release: 8.C.M.0
If I reboot the router everything works fine, I can view all devices across my network, ping them and access their shared folders. the problems start a day or two after the reboot, suddenly network discovery stops working, all devices function normally in regards to accessing the internet but they cannot see other devices.
One example is using smartglass functionality with my Xbox one, after a reboot my tablet or phone can detect and connect to the Xbox without issue, give it a day or two and they no longer see the Xbox, using the option to connect using the IP address still results in not being able to find the Xbox.
Any help on this matter would be appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Network Discovery Issues.

I did have a similar problem with my network - the XP machine couldn't be seen - so I gave it a fixed IP address which fixed it
ChavasRegal

Re: Network Discovery Issues.

All my regular devices have been given static IP's but even using the IP address I can't connect, I cant even ping other devices.
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim):  Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Forum Rule]