Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netgear PLW 1000 Gigabit Swtich connection to PlusnetPlus One router

FIXED
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Netgear PLW 1000 Gigabit Swtich connection to PlusnetPlus One router

Same here, we recently joined PN too and thus the reason for me joining these forums.

Hopefully you'll stick around...

crowjon
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Many thanks for your prompt response.  I have resolved the problem, please see below

crowjon
Dabbler

Sorry for the confusion I had a cached PLA reference.  I have resolved the problem please see below.  Many thanks for your response

crowjon
Dabbler

Thanks, please see resolution below

crowjon
Dabbler

Did this but did not resolve the issue.  I have used this suggestion later and it does work.  Resolution of fault is below.  Many thanks

crowjon
Dabbler

All sorted now, see below.  Many thanks

crowjon
Dabbler

Fix

Hi Graham.  Likewise I am a network engineer of some 50 years, but getting a bit long in the tooth now lol.  as I said, I have thoroughly tested all the cables with no problems raised.  However, I started to get intermittent problems and then another connection started to fail. I am using MK Cat 6 Euro logic modules and there is the clue for any others who are using these; the break up internally!!  The fault was the pins in the RJ45 jack socket were bending and in one case breaking.  I have replace two now.  I am using UTP CAT6 cables and professional drop leads.  I am using two genuine Krone tools both of them have performed well in the past..  All cable entries are clamped.  I have no answer to the failures as they sockets were not under any stress etc.  I am assuming these MK units are not up to the job and do not cope with regular cable connects/disconnects as has been the case during testing and fault finding.  All working but waiting for yet another CAT6 Jack as another MK has just failed.  It is well to check the contacts orientation inside the socket if you are having problems with these, it is fairly obvious if they are bent or broken.  Many thanks Graham