cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netgear Orbi mesh router

Shelfish

Netgear Orbi mesh router

I’m a new Plusnet customer Fibre Extra customer. I think I need some tech help. My router hasn’t arrived so I can’t get access to my service. However I recently bought a Netgear Orbi mesh router. I’ve been told that I can’t use this on its own as I need a modem. I have also been told the router that’s due to arrive can’t fulfil the function of just a modem. Can anybody let me know whether I can use the Orbi on it’s own? or with the Plusnet router? or do I need to buy a modem? If so any recommendations on what I need?
2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Netgear Orbi mesh router

You cant use the Orbi on it's own. You can use it with the Hub one though. You set the Orbi into access point mode and then connect to a lan port on the hub one ( probably with wifi disabled on the hub one ).

Alternatively you could get a separate modem such as a used BT modem ( hg612) and use the Orbi in full router mode.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Shelfish

Re: Netgear Orbi mesh router

Thanks for the prompt reply.