cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netgear Booster with Fibre

ElizabethS
Hooked

Netgear Booster with Fibre

I recently upgraded to Fibre and reinstalled my Netgear Booster (house is larger than average) and placed it half way between Router Box and where Laptop would normally be used.

At first TWO GREEN LIGHTS lite in Booster Extender.  I now have noticed that there has been only ONE GREEN and ONE RED.  Is this correct ?

Also from time to time I have experienced NO INTERNET CONNECTION on my iPad - again is this correct ? 

I went live with Fibre on the 16th November.

Unfortunately, I am not able to climb to stairs to where the Router positioned as I broke my ankle falling down the stairs trying to check whether Plusnet had in fact connected the Fibre service ....so, I need help from someone out there, firstly to test that I do have the correct service, secondly, why does the service go offline periodically and also when is the Netgear Extender showing green and red lights ....

Thanks for your help ...

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Netgear Booster with Fibre

I'm sorry to hear about the ankle. Do you get any different results if you move the extender? Try moving it both nearer anf further away from the router if you can. Also can you advise the model number of the Netgear extender.   If you are losing wireless connectivity then obviously your Ipad will lose it's connection. The lights may be advising that the link is broken hence the need to know the model.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

ElizabethS
Hooked

Re: Netgear Booster with Fibre

I am going to have to put the questions you ask on the back burner because I am unable to move around freely - until at least January so I will have to ask my son, when he visits at Christmas to assist.  I assume Plusnet will be available to answer any questions he may have.