Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix streaming issue

VeganRunner
Dabbler

Re: Netflix streaming issue

Hi,

I'm a bit late to this but I'm experiencing that same issue as the OP.

Over the last few weeks I've started to see Netflix at low resolutions for up to about three minutes. Previously the programme loading counter would jump almost instantly to 100% but now takes several seconds or longer. We can get through House of Card long intro and a few minutes into an episode before getting full HD.

This is running on an LG tv with a wired connection. Speed tests show 66Mbps on average but we have high latency of 40-50ms on average. No other streaming sites have issues.

Any suggestions?

TheWeeBear
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Hi VeganRunner, its affecting lots of users of LG televisions and doesn't seem to be an ISP issue.

You may like to have a look through this thread over on the AV Forums.

Netflix Thread

Hope that's of some interest to you.

tolmie35
Grafter

Sadly it was never fixed for me, takes around 2 mins in any netflix program before it reaches 1080, pretty annoying.

VeganRunner
Dabbler

Thanks for that link,  WeeBear.

Plenty to read and it looks like a more complex issue than just something that PN is doing.

TheWeeBear
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Yes I think you may be right VeganRunner.

Hopefully it'll be discovered soon what the problem is.

Notflix

Any news on Netflix issue?

I am having similar issues with Netlix, Youtube and BBC Sport Apps on my Hisense TV

2704n router with wireless connection.

Sometimes it doesnt load past 20%, sometimes it freezes, sometimes bombs out and restarts the TV, other times it works fine!

I've Googled it and its seems a common problem not specific to IP or TV, tried various suggestions over the last couple of months but none have worked.

Very frustrating when we tend to only watch the TV for movies!

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

We aren't aware of anything which could be causing this.  DO you have the same problem on PCs/Laptops/Mobiles? Or is it just the TV?

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Notflix

its only a problem on the TV and only with online Apps

brookheather
Rising Star

If you have a PlusNet One / BT HomeHub router make sure you have separate SSID for the 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless networks.  Try connecting the TV to the 2.4GHz instead of the 5GHz wireless.  My new LG 4K TV won't stream on 5GHz even though the router is only a few metres above the TV however it works fine on 2.4GHz.  My other devices in the same room can stream fine on 5GHz so must be some issue with the wireless card in the TV.

BT FTTP 500 + pfSense + Uniquiti Unifi 6 Pro
Kelly
Hero

In which case it's not a generic issue with your line, more something particular to the TV which we will struggle to help you with Sad

Kelly Dorset
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

To add to @brookheather's post, I also have an LG TV which initially wouldn't pick up the 5GHz signal, manually selecting ch36 on the router fixed that.
Notflix

is my problem more inline with this:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Broadband/Netflix-disconnecting-internet/td-p/1011952/page/2

is it the router?

I just searched for "Netflix" issues when posting this and realise this post relates to fibre.

Kelly
Hero

Crikey. That's an old issue Smiley

Are you seeing the router restart?   

Kelly Dorset
Leedsfangb

In order to link back to the original product, I have linked a reply. I hope this is reflected on Mail message notifications. 

I am indebted to PlusNet for their support in the working of this issue.

Not many services would "go home and look at their aunts set-up and come back to me. Well done plusnet (up to the standard of your advert.

The problem concerned was fixed with this item. Buffering gone, crashing out - non existent. Thank you all

K

Notflix

what was the fix Leedsfangb ?

If you search Netflix 25% issue then there are lots of reported problems, something to do with DNS settings ?

I have the 2704n router, should I switch this for the Hub One ?