cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neighbours speed is double 7mb / 15mb

voxumoca

Neighbours speed is double 7mb / 15mb

I am on fttc and struggle sometimes. Especially when my grandson is here.
Bt site availability shows my speed up to 7mb whereas my neighbour opposite shows up to 15mb.
Modem reports 8.22 down and 1.08 up.
Can anything be done?

bigbootytube.xxx - Get ready to receive a hard one from watching the way those big booty babes with big asses expose their dirty natures during hot sex videos!
2 REPLIES 2
TeeGee
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Neighbours speed is double 7mb / 15mb

Have a look at the Openreach site HERE to see what your line is capable of.

I am quite surprised as to how variable connection are. Mine is 16Mbs, My sister could only get a maximun of 10Mbs but my son can get 70Mbs. It seems like it mainly depends on how far away you are from the connected cabinet and how old the local phone system is.  Annoying but there is not a lot one can do about it until full fibre is introduced on 2025.

As I am also a grandparent I may or may not be around to see it as roll out will probably involve a further delay.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Re: Neighbours speed is double 7mb / 15mb

It seems like it mainly depends on how far away you are from the connected cabinet

It does depend almost entirely on how far you are from the cabinet. It can also be affected by the quality of the line to the cabinet. At some point in the past , there was a copper shortage and BT used aluminium for some lines. These lines will always give poor performance.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.