cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need setup help please

Sjaisie
Hooked

Need setup help please

I've just moved to plusnet from SKY broadband.  With SKY I had an openreach box on the wall which was connected to the top plug on the master socket, and coming out the other side of the openreach box a cable connected to my SKY hub.

The instructions with the plusnet hub states I plug the hub directly to top plug in the master socket without using the micro filter.  Is this correct, and don't I need the openreach box?

i don't have FTTP but we are in a fibre activated area.  We have fibre to the cabinet and then copper to the house!

thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Need setup help please

Hello @Sjaisie and a warm welcome to the community forums

That's right. If you have the Plusnet Hub One, that would replace your Openreach Modem as it has a built in modem within it.

Personally I'd keep ahold of the Openreach Modem in a cupboard or drawer somewhere as it's always handy to have for diagnosing faults if you were ever to have any - *Fingers crossed* you don't.

I hope this helps you.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Sjaisie
Hooked

Thanks for the reply.  So don't I need to connect the micro filter either?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Nope, you'd connect your Hub One directly into the top socket and if you have a home phone then that would go into the bottom.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Sjaisie
Hooked

Hi, I have another problem.  My broadband was due to be activated yesterday (23rd) and my SKY broadband went off around 12:30, but as of this morning (24th) I have still not received notification my new service is active.  The big light on my hub is solid orange and the little light beneath that is red.

How long does the setup process usually take?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I've looked into your account and I'm seeing the fibre order in a delayed state. It should have gone live last night.

I've raised a ticket with our Provisioning team to investigate this further. Apologies for this. Sad