Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nearly Two Months and still no Broadband

Fulano
Hooked

Nearly Two Months and still no Broadband

Hi all

I hope someone could help me as I'm almost giving up and thinking of switching again to a different provider, even if I have to pay early termination fees.

I've switched phone and fibre broadband from TalkTalk to Plusnet in July and to this day the broadband is still not working.

The switching date was 2nd August. The phone was fine on the day but the broadband wasn't working. I've phoned customer service and was told it should be ok within 7 days. It didn't. Phoned again and after trying all the possible options over the phone (check & confirm username and password, reset router, use test socket etc) an OpenReach engineer visit was arranged. The guy came a few days later and spent a good 3 hours in my house and, according to him, everything was OK, saying "the problem was possibly the router or something at Plusnet end". He tried to phone Plusnet while at my house to explain the fault but the phone number he was given wasn't working. I phoned myself in the evening and a second router was sent to me a couple of days later - but the problem persisted.

There was then a unscheduled OpenReach visit to check the switch box on the street. Still no internet. 

Some phone calls, Facebook messages and online chat sessions later....

Another engineer visit was arranged for this past Monday (18th). The guy did the tests with his machine and all seemed good. He explained it could be something with the "build of the router" and then tried to phone Plusnet while in my house and again the number he had wasn't the right one. He phone via the 'normal' 0800 customer service number and after a good 20mins wait he managed to talk to someone and explain what was going on. The Plusnet agent asked him to close the job as he was now detecting a fault with the phone line and another OpenReach engineer would be required to check this fault on the phone line, another unscheduled visit to the switch box on the street - this second unscheduled visit happened yesterday (20th September) - and today, according to the guy on the online chat I just had, the phone fault was marked as clear. Well, I've checked the broadband this morning and still no sign of it working.  Solid orange light on the router, just as always.

I'm just tired of this and incredibly frustrated. I'd be OK if Plusnet just admitted they don't know what the problem is, canceled my contract and refunded the £200+ I paid in advance for the phone line so I could move on to a different provider. I was told on the chat I would loose this money if I leave.

Every time I phone I have to wait ages for someone to respond and I have to explain this whole thing again as the agents don't seem to have a clue, despite probably having everything on the computer in front of them and keep asking me to do the same restart/reset/check password again and then be told this would be escalated to the faults department, which will respond within THREE days but never do, making me again to phone and be in this cycle which takes a whole week to see some action. 

Sorry for the rant. 

10 REPLIES 10
Fulano
Hooked

Re: Nearly Two Months and still no Broadband

Anyone?
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Unfortunately plusnet are away fro the weekend Sad  there are staff around hopefully one will pick this up .

Dont  normally miss a post here

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Fulano
Hooked

Just to add to this odyssey 

Today is 25th September. No sign of broadband still and no contact from Plusnet. 

This is just unacceptable.

khaled35
Rising Star

@adamwalker @Gandalf @Chris - Kinda shocking that this incident hasn't been claimed by any one.  What's going on guys?

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

They must Be AFK or all on the phones Lips_are_sealed

Fulano
Hooked

Third Openreach engineer visit arranged for tomorrow (28th).

Plusnet agent on the phone said most Openreach engineers are 'not properly trained to set up fibre connections and that's why things like this happen'

Lets see who the engineer will blame.

Sad

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Plusnet agent on the phone said most Openreach engineers are 'not properly trained to set up fibre connections and that's why things like this happen'

That sounds like the PN agent is not trained Undecided    Surely if BT know its a Fiber Fault they send a Fibre engineer  ?

khaled35
Rising Star

I didn't get a broadband/fibre engineer yesterday.  What I got was a phone engineer.  He said he couldn't help me with my speed issues but he'd give me a sparkly, new faceplate. Yippe! (There was nothing wrong with my faceplate.)

So yes, BT do send out the wrong engineers.

jordanc1230
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I'm not fan of openreach but they will send the engineer needed based on what plusnet tell them. It is up to the plusnet agent to relay all the information and ask for correct engineer to attend. I'm sure their is a term in the contract that allows you to leave penalty free within the first 90 days if you are having speed problems, which you are as your not getting any broadband full stop.
jordanc1230
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

From plusnet broadband and fibre terms:

5. Speed
5.1. If 10 days after your service is up and running you're always getting line speeds lower than the estimated line speed range we provided when you signed up, we'll try to improve its speed.
5.2. If, after following our instructions to improve your line speed, it is still significantly lower than the estimated line speed range we quoted on sign up and provided by email, you'll be entitled to end our agreement for the service without paying early termination charges. However, we'll not refund you for your use of our service during the period between the date we got you up and running and you ending our agreement.
5.3. This right is in addition to any other legal rights you may have.

This may be of some use to you if you want to leave