Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigating my info on account pages

rogadodge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I'm having no end of trouble with my BB. The speed is low, 1-8mb,  and keeps dropping. Pages take a long time to load.  Streaming video is next to impossible, with constant buffering. I have tried both WiFi and a wired connection - with no noticeable difference.I had this sort of problem before when I first joined PN. That took a couple of months to sort out, and I don't think I can go through that again.

I've tried navigating through my account details etc, but I can't find an anniversary date anywhere where I can leave without penalty.  I may as well go to Virgin  as they have great speed in my street.

Looking through the Fibre forum, I see people commenting about incompatible hardware and 'cabinets'. I have no way of finding if I fit into these categories. My daughter who has just joined PN has only one router on her system whereas I have two units a BT one and a router - as supplied by PN.

I don't need this grief, I just want a plug and play system.  Can anyone tell me how to find my anniversary date please?

http://www.speedtest.net/result/5830268058.png

3 REPLIES 3
rogadodge
Aspiring Pro

I have noticed my broadband speed has slowly dropped, it has now got to being unusable for anything except basic browsing. if there is video on the page, it freezes whilst buffering. Also many disconnects of a few minutes at a time.  I have (supposedly) Fibre unlimited. When I first took it out the estimate was 38Mbps - I got 34-36Mbps over Wifi. my download speed is now between 1Mbps-8Mbps with an actual download speed (according to Plusnet) of 21Mbps.

Three questions....

Why such a discrepancy between the PN stated speed and the actual speed achieved?

Why has my estimated speed dropped from 38Mbps?

What has happened to the ticket system? Can I not send an inquiry using a ticket or email? Live chat and phone calls are all very good when you have time to wait for someone to talk to, but when you don't it is counter productive. I don't know when i can get a couple of hours to sit and look at a computer, waiting for someone to talk to (then I don't know if it will work as the connection is so rubbish).

Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Navigating my info on account pages

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Two similar threads started by OP merged.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

rogadodge
Aspiring Pro

Re: Navigating my info on account pages

Similar but not the same

Thanks Mav....no thought gone into the moving of one post to merge with another?

by moving the 'cabinet one'  I am unlikely in the extreme to get a response to the question about what sort of router/cabinet combination I have, or is giving issues.

My speed gets worse, continuous disconnects, a speed test taking up to five minutes to complete. How the heck do I email/message PN staff to get help?  I drive all day, don't get home until late evening so can't call or wait for chat.

https://www.speedcheckerapi.com/Images/254841126.jpg