Did you mean: 

National Lottery Website.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: National Lottery Website.

Hi all,
We're expecting this to be fixed today but please do shout up if anyone is still seeing the same issue.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
buseng12
Grafter

Seems to have started working again my end.
Anyone else want to check?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Yep, all good here Cool

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

whitehall

All good here too!!  Smiley
(gonna win it now tonight!!  Wink  )
nbk
Grafter

Oh hey I went to check my numbers from last night and the site worked!
And I've won £3.60!
I'm rich!!!!
Err...
I don't suppose there's any info on what the problem actually was? Smiley
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: nbk
I don't suppose there's any info on what the problem actually was? Smiley

The National Lottery have our IP's correctly geo-located in the UK but other (presumably recently introduced) network layer logic relies on whois data that sees these IP's as being registered to an address in the States.
I believe the solution was for the National Lottery to whitelist the range.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

acarneiro
Grafter

I've not been able to access it for years and my static IP address starts with 87
Seems to be working now, though. The only annoying thing is that I'd submitted a support ticket years ago with this problem and it just got ignored.
Oh, well. Better late than never, I guess... Smiley
special-dad

Hello, I can no longer access the National Lottery website. I complained to Camelot, but they have said that it is an issue with my ISP. This is their reply:-

Thank you for your email confirming your IP address.

I have checked the IP address and can see that PlusNet is the carrier for your Internet Service Provider. I can also confirm that PlusNet is connecting its service through a proxy that routes traffic from multiple countries and it is possible that you may be located in a different country from the IP location. Unfortunately as we cannot determine, without doubt, that that you are physically located in the UK or Isle of Man when using the IP Address 143.159.17.224 you will not be able to access your Account.…

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I wonder if the apparent presence of a proxy relates to being on the new network? Possibly @bobpullen could comment.

David
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

spraxyt wrote:
@I wonder if the apparent presence of a proxy relates to being on the new network? Possibly @bobpullen could comment.

No, it won't be anything to do with that.

@special-dad wrote:
Unfortunately as we cannot determine, without doubt, that that you are physically located in the UK or Isle of Man when using the IP Address 143.159.17.224 you will not be able to access your Account.…

The National Lottery use the geo-location provider Neustar to identify 'anonymizing proxies' and deny them access. It looks like your IP has ended up on this list, probably the result of somebody running a ToR exit node or something like that when assigned that IP.

I've a contact in Neustar who I'll ask to correct the categorisation, however in the mean time, you can probably get around the problem by disconnecting/reconnecting.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

special-dad

Thanks Bob, I've re-booted about 10 times now. The way around for me is to switch Wi-Fi off on my phone and use my O2 account to log in. I do hope that Neustar can help out.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Neustar have confirmed that the IP is *not* listed as an anonymizer. I've asked them to clarify that the entire range is geo-located in the UK too but I suspect it is.

That would suggest the National Lottery have some additional measures in place at their side that are independent of Neustar's geo-location.

If you're still experiencing problems then we may need to try contacting them directly. If you're still in touch with them, then feel free to direct them to this forum thread (you don't need to be a Plusnet customer to register) Wink

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team