cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nat type failed on sons PS4

fionaush

Nat type failed on sons PS4

Hello, I am very confused - I rang plusnet the other day because my sons ps4 has stopped working and is saying nat type failed - resulting in him not been able to go online. The man I spoke to on the phone said that this problem was because they were changing the frequency of the Internet or something like that, and gave me a web address to try to load- it didn't, which meant that this was indeed the problem. He told me that I would be contacted when it was resolved.

Today I got back intouch via online chat and was told that there was no problem and that I had to change the nat type myself. All my routers settings have been fine for years - nothing's changed and I even put the ps4 into the DMZ to no avail. 

Is anyone else experiencing this problem. I only pay for the Internet so my son can play online with his friends and atm it is more than useless.

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Nat type failed on sons PS4

There's some info and a possible solution in this thread here:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS4-Support/PS4-NAT-type-failed-SOLUTION/m-p/20602163

Sounds to me like a typical Sony network glitch.

Geldinho
Hooked

Did you get this sorted?

I am having the same problem and plusnet just wont help! 

Geldinho
Hooked

Did you get this sorted? I am having the same problem and plusnet just wont help at all.