Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mystery SMS from PlusNet

FIXED
Mark63
Rising Star

Mystery SMS from PlusNet

I've been with PlusNet on an FTTC service for almost 5 years.

Totally out of the blue, on Monday I received an SMS from PlusNet saying ' Your router is in the post'.

Yesterday I received without any paper work a huge plastic bag with a printed address on it for BT's return centre,

what am I supposed to be returning ?

Are the two events linked, and what on earth is going on, some sort of scam !? 

2 REPLIES 2
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Mystery SMS from PlusNet

Fix

Hi Mark,

Apologies for the confusion, and rest assured this isn't a scam.

We recently made a back-end change to the way your line is provisioned. This is part of a housekeeping exercise we're currently undertaking, and should have been entirely invisible to you. In fact, it would have been, were it not for a queued order for a set top box returns bag that's been associated with your account since 2015 (not sure why). When we made our changes it had the undesired effect of triggering our order automation, dispatching the returns bag, and sending you a text message.

It's an unusual situation, but we'll check to make sure it's not going to happen to anybody else. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

TLDR: Nothing to be concerned about. Feel free to file the returns bag in the nearest bin and we'll run some checks at this side to make sure nobody else stands to have the same happen to them.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Mark63
Rising Star

Re: Mystery SMS from PlusNet

Thanks Bob !!

No worries, I'll use the bag as a kitchen bin liner, it'll make a rather good one !

Cheers