cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My speed is below the minimum

CrystalJayme
Grafter

My speed is below the minimum

I've just done a speed test and it's showing 65 not the 73 I used to get. Could you do a cm please. Thank you
2 REPLIES 2
CrystalJayme
Grafter

Re: My speed is below the minimum

Damn auto spelling messed up my post. Can someone please do a check to see if protection is on and if it is, turn it off so that I can get my 73mbps again. Thanks
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: My speed is below the minimum

Hi there,

I've tested your line and your router is still getting a speed of 76.6mbps. There's also no error protection on although even it it was on there wouldn't be anything we'd be able to do as we've no control over DLM settings on a fibre line I'm afraid.

Looking at your connection this doesn't appear to have dropped once in 24 days, I'd recommend rebooting your router and if you're still seeing slow speeds, to investigate further please connect your computer/laptop to the router with an ethernet cable and run the BT Speedtester service at http://speedtest.btwholesale.com

You must ensure that you have no other programs running at the same time such as streaming, general browsing and the most common one is antivirus programs downloading updates in the background.

Once the initial result is completed please click Further Diagnostics then type your phone number in and click run diagnostic test. This will run a test and send the results to the BT server for investigation.

Once you have completed this, please report a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net letting us know over here once you've completed it and we'll make sure it is picked up as soon as possible.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet