cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My router keeps disconnecting and will not restart automatically

traceyquil

My router keeps disconnecting and will not restart automatically

I am getting increasingly frustrated, my router keeps disconnecting several times a day.  I have had a computer expert round to check my wifi connection and I have had a wifi booster connected which should be adequate for my house.   The problem is my router keeps going to orange and then not restarting.  It is absolutely frustrating and I am getting a bit fed up now and have contacted customer services and asked for a new router.  I was told a new router would work exactly the same as the one I have now.  Surely either the router is faulty or plusnet is not the right supplier for me.   Does anyone else have this problem!??#

2 REPLIES
Gel
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: My router keeps disconnecting and will not restart automatically

runhare
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: My router keeps disconnecting and will not restart automatically

Hi there

This problem could well be a line fault and nothing to do with the router at all

However, I would power off the router for at least 30 minutes before attemting to restart it.

After it has restarted check if you are  able to log into the router user interface and check settings to see what the username and password are correct ?Instructions on this are in the router user guide, which was sent with it.

If they are both correct  then try plugging the router directly into the test  socket of your master socket and so eliminate any extention phone wiring you may have that might cause problems.

Let us know how you get on.