cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My "Upgrade" to fibre regularly briefly disconnecting

beelzebomb
Hooked

My "Upgrade" to fibre regularly briefly disconnecting

Upgraded to fibre broadband and getting regular evening, annoying brief drops in connection - I've had engineers out numerous times and each one finds a different small fault and corrects it - the ancient overhead cable, which was leaking water, has (finally) been changed, the internal wiring boxes have been changed, the router is the new one supplied (no-one at PlusNet has suggested this might be faulty), yet it still goes on. So I reported it again and have been told:

"we consider drops up to 3 times per day or 6 times within 3 days to be an acceptable amount of disconnections and we wouldn't investigate this further."

I actually DON'T find this acceptable, especially when I have "upgraded" from a perfectly stable non-fibre connection and am now paying more. Any thoughts? Better providers who will sort the problem?

2 REPLIES 2
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: My "Upgrade" to fibre regularly briefly disconnecting

The frequency of disconnections on your line really isn't indicative of an issue I'm afraid:

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: My "Upgrade" to fibre regularly briefly disconnecting

Are you experiencing these dropouts on a wired or WiFi  connection? Did you change router when you went to Fibre?