Did you mean: 

My fibre connection is down

FIXED
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

My fibre connection is down

Is there anything going on at my exchange? My fibre connection has gone down at home - the light on the homehub is orange and the 'b' symbol is flashing red.

Have tried logging into the HubOne and checking the connection, no luck.

Have also done a hard reset by holding the reset switch down but its not coming back online.

Could someone in the CS team take a look for me please?

Thanks

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My fibre connection is down

Hey @jaread83 I hope you're not expecting favours here! Wink

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

course not, just doing what any other normal customer would do Smiley

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Our tests are picking up a fault on the Openreach network which I've raised now.

Fingers crossed it's a quick fix but we should know more within 24-72 hours.

I've created a fault ticket on your account to my teams workflow, so I'll follow up on Tuesday at the latest.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for taking the time to have a quick look @Gandalf Smiley I will wait and be patient till then!

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I have had 2 BT engineers over. The first said that the last engineer (on the day the internet went down at my house) to work on the cab and pole outside my house had disconnected mine to provide someone else a connection, leaving my connection dangling in the wind and not connected to anything... with no spare connections that could be used apparently... thats not very good. It was getting dark so they said they were passing it to another engineer to come out on Sunday, leaving me without internet for the weekend Sad

So on Sunday, new engineer has a look and disputes what was said by the last engineer, tested my line and it has a dial tone and detects the speed of my line. Okay, that sounds good but my internet still isn't working and the HubOne is flashing orange with a red broadband light. Engineer said that he will reset my line at the cabinet and it should come back on... if not I needed to call tech support. He never returned to check. So now there is yet another appointment booked for Thursday where another BT engineer is going to check the wiring within my property and the street.

@Gandalf, I have acquired a secondary router, micro filter and telephone cable from the office. I really don't want to incur a charge if they find that one of my wires is faulty. If I find that replacing one of the wires going to my router fixes the issue (or the router itself), is it possible to cancel the appointment ASAP so they don't charge me £65 for something I could have fixed myself (cable, microfilter or router replacement)? I am going to try it out tonight and will report back if there are any issues.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

I'm sorry that two engineers haven't managed to fix the issue.

Yeah we should be able to cancel the visit if we know by tomorrow.

If your new equipment doesn't help and assuming you've tried the test socket it's probably best to leave the engineer appointment booked in as from what I can see we've got a SFI (Special Faults Investigation) visit arranged.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

New router, phone cable and micro filter didn't make any difference unfortunately Sad

I tried looking at the test socket but once you take the faceplate off there isn't another port.. just an opaque cover on the left that can't be removed.

I guess its best to let the BT engineer sort it out. I hope they don't charge me! This was working fine up until a BT engineer was doing a new provide to another house on my street!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fingers crossed it's a quick fix on Thursday.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

This thread has already been marked as fixed.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I think Jack was a bit hasty with the fix button. Smiley
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I marked as fixed as my initial question about my conection being down was answered.

@Gandalf, I tried plugging into the master socket behind the faceplate but still no luck I'm afraid.

Mav
Fixes: 514

@jaread83

I've taken the liberty to remove the fix as, well, it ain't fixed yet Wink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fair enough Smiley let's see if BT can fix it on Thursday!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Keep me posted!

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet