Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My download speed problem (sorted) and Profile

CJC1942
Grafter

My download speed problem (sorted) and Profile

Hi,
After four plus weeks I've finally seen my down load speed of 29M increase to 46M, which is still lower than the "Estimated line speed" of 50M I was quoted after ordering what I thought was going to be an 80/40 deal but ended up being a 80/20 but I'll have to put up with it.
My download speed problem was cured by the BTOR engineer phoning the BT helpline in India from the Cabinet and getting through in SECONDS, he had  the information he needed regarding spare pairs within a couple of minutes and  was almost as quick connecting me to them and checking the speed and ultimately ending up with  one very happy bunny!
None of the usual stuff about condition of the cable etc, etc, that I'd been getting from all sorts of people for the previous four weeks.
So if you have similar problems the cable may not be fixable but it may well be possible to change you on to another pair, it took three engineers visits in my case!
However I'm somewhat confused about my profile!
My ticket for the above fault refers to
"Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error
Protection Off"
Am I right in assuming that is inferring my download speed is up to 20M if so should I be getting higher speed than the 9.2M that I am currently?
Either way would someone from Plusnet please check I've been set up correctly?
Ces
3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: My download speed problem (sorted) and Profile

The downstream is your download and the upstream is your upload
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
CJC1942
Grafter

Hi Matthew,
Oops sorry about that!
You are absolutely right of course, is it possible to check if I've been correctly set up for "20M"  UPLOAD package as 9.2M seems a little slow?
Ces
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Your line is set up correctly for both the download and the upload, the profile shows that there are no restrictions in place on it. The upload is performing a little below where I'd expect based on your estimates, so It'd be worth continuing with the fault investigation that's open.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.